Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday, Monday

This our first Monday in school since the holidays. I think it is really nice of MISD to ease back into the year that way!:) I used to despise Mondays when I was in school and when I worked, but as a stay home Mom they aren't so bad. In fact I sort of enjoy getting back into the swing of another week.

Today my sister comes home from Detroit. She has been gone since before Nana died. Auto shows are fun when you are in a great city and the crowds aren't too bad. Neither of those things can be said about Detroit. It is the big MAMA of all US Auto Shows and it is a hard, long show to work. I think Sari had fun but I know she is ready to be home and we are ready to have her back.

Yesterday was another prego sick day. Unlike most sick days, I was sick in the morning and fine by last night. The sick days are getting fewer and farther apart, which is a great sign. I think the hormones are in high gear though as I am crying at Hallmark commercials and having the most crazy dreams! Just another part of the prego journey.

Yesterday afternoon I ventured to SAMS for the essentials (toilet paper, detergent and milk) with Kolby and Rhett while Rob attended his referee meeting. When we drove over the bridge that is supposed to span the Brazos river, THE RIVER WAS GONE!!!! There was just a big brown empty channel with little puddles here and there.

In an almost panic I called Rob and said "The river is gone!"(Like he had anything to do with it, or could bring it back! ;) He explained that if I ever read the paper I would have known that they closed up the dam last week because the lake is getting dangerously low. So no river! The kids and I were pretty upset about the ducks but Rob assured us that they have all flown south for the winter. I let the kids believe that but I don't think these are all flying south type ducks. Then Rhett brought up all the fish, turtles, and occasional snakes we see in the river. Rob assured him that they all went with the water downstream... again, I'm not so sure. ( I had dead fish nightmares last night!) We love to go to the river and feed the ducks and fish. The river is such a pretty part of Waco! I want our river back! So we are all praying for rain harder than ever before...And in other news...

Yesterday morning I awoke to the strangest sound. Little drops of water were hitting the window. It was the strangest thing. Someone said it was rain. I don't quite remember what rain is, but I am so grateful for that heavenly moisture from above. Today the sun is back. But I hope that "rain" comes to visit us again really soon!

Have a great day blog world!!!

5 comments:

Susan - said...

We had rain all day yesterday. It was wonderful. Despite the fact that it seemed to rain the whole time you were here, we are in desperate need of rain.

Donna G said...

Third day of rain here in Alabama...we needed it too, but does it have to all come at once?

Beaner said...

Have you had any dreams about what sex the baby is yet? And when are you going to find out?

I hope you get your river back soon - we live behind a creek & we love it too - especially trying to catch minnows & watching the ducks!

Susan - said...

It's Wednesday, Wednesday already. What's new?

mom23 said...

Um, I hadn't even thought about the ducks. And I have a bag of bread ends all ready to take the girls down to feed the ducks with. I am SO GLAD I read your blog tonight. Can you imagine the trauma had I taken the girls down to feed the ducks and no water and no ducks. Thanks for the public service announcement!