Monday, January 16, 2006

Rainy days and Mondays...

ARE WONDERFUL! Despite what Karen Carpenter sang all those years ago, this is one rainy day, rainy Monday even, that I am thoroughly enjoying. We need it to rain hard for days and days to end this drought, but we are still appreciative of the occasional sprinkles and promising grey skies overhead today.

My kids slept past 9AM this morning! HALLELUJAH! We are having a very lazy MLK day around here. It is probably the calm before the storm. Tomorrow Rhett heads back to school for the first time since December. Poor little guy had strep throat last week and had to miss both days of Mothers Day Out. So tomorrow will be our first normal day since before the holidays. It has been a nice break, but it's time to get back down to business.

More good news...I haven't puked in three days! That is a bit of a record! I am starting to feel less nauseated but wondering if I will ever get my energy back? I need all that energy because I have a very long list of major reorganization projects to tackle. I get tired just thinking about it all! I also have the very lofty goal of bringing Rhett's baby book up to date before next July. It is a lofty goal because Rhett hasn't been born in his baby book yet! It's a bit overwhelming, so I'm trying to trick myself into starting with out thinking about it too much. So far that isn't working!

The hardest part of of having a third so far is that life keeps on trucking with the other two no matter what. For instance, if I am puking and feeling really green, Kolby still has to be at basketball practice. No matter how much I would love to do nothing but clean out and reorganize every inch of this house for the next few months, I still have a four year old who needs to get to have play dates, lunches at Burger King, and the occasional morning at the zoo. Going through "nesting mode" with two already in the nest is a bit more challenging. Of course there is also twice the excitement and anticipation for this baby so I guess it balances out.

Kolby and Rhett are still so excited! Last night just before bed Rhett came and laid his head in my lap. I asked him if he was tired. "No, I'm just trying to see if I can hear the baby." We are all ready for the "kick and moving belly" stage! Today Kolby was dancing around the living room with he biggest smile on her face. I said that she seemed to be in an extra good mood and asked if it was because she got a day off of school. She said "No, I'm just happy to be alive and happy that there is going to be a baby living here in a few months." Can't argue with that! We're all smiles and full of anticipation!

Rob is going to take some comp. time this afternoon and come home early. He has some big things going on at work and is really excited about all that. I'm prayerful and hopeful over all the opportunities that have come his way lately. He works so hard that I relish anytime he gets to be home and relax a bit!

So that is where we are...Just living a plain old mundane yet still a wonderful and active life. Blogging may have to take a back burner to nesting, cleaning, scrapbooking and just plain living for a while, but I will be around! Have a great MLK day blog world! :)

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Sounds great to me...enjoy these special days.

Susan - said...

Glad you are feeling better. I still can't believe you are pregnant! I need to see you maybe. Now get off the computer and get scrapping!