Friday, July 07, 2006

Introducing Ella Kate!


We are home. We are tired and sore and very happy! I will try to post a few pictures. Thanks to Elizabeth for ghost writing for me!


It looks like Rob and I only know how to make babies that look one way! Seriously, if you look at Kolby and Rhett's baby pictures and look at her you would think I had triplets! All my babies were born on Wednesday mornings after a rain storm. Kolby was 8 days early, Rhett 10, and Ella Kate 12 days early. All my LDR nurses were named either Debbie or Carol... Ella Kate's were Debbie and Carol! The list of similarities goes on and on....

This was my best, easiest, and fastest labor. We could not have asked for a more ideal situation. I felt five contractions and pushed for all of 7 minutes! I might have had more babies if all my labors were this easy. My nurses were the best. I was the only person on the LDR floor at the time she was born. I had sweet nurses in postpartum. The room was big and comfey. The food was good. Everything went so well, except for some some complications during dismissal today. (nothing serious just annoying) Overall it was a wonderful time and a great experience to end our baby having days with! Third time is a charm! : )

Ella Kate is a little angel. She a bit smaller than the other two and has a tad more hair. She also is by far the best little eater and at two days old, seems the most even tempered. She coos and gurgles all the time and has the most expressive little infant face. I had forgotten how dramatic babies are! We just love her! Can't imagine life with out her! Kolby is in hog heaven! She loves her sister and is quite the little Mommy!
Rhett took a little longer to warm up to her, but has become more and more fascinated with his little sister every hour we are home. He is amazed to the point it scares him a bit, but he thinks she is really cool over all.

Rob and I feel extremely blessed and so very grateful for this precious baby! She is such a little miracle. Will write more soon... Just wanted to touch base. We are in love with this brand new baby girl!

P.S. For those who asked.." What are you going to call her?" I am not sure we will ever decide on one name for this girl! I have called her Ella Kate from the get go. The kids are calling her Katie. Rob goes back and forth between Katie and Ella Kate. Rhett calls her Katie Lou at times. I call her Ella Bella Kate some times. Kolby thinks we should call her Ella when she is older. We all call her Baby Girl. So, does that answer your question? :)

16 comments:

Donna G said...

I am glad I checked before going to bed....she is beautiful, but then you knew that!

I am glad things went so well for you! God is truly good to all of his children.

lauren said...

She is such a beautiful baby girl!! I can't believe how much she looks like the other two! I'm sure Kolby is LOVING everything about her. I can't wait to hold her!

Clarissa said...

Beautiful! Congratulations.

Amy S. Grant said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went so well for you and that you're home together now.

Jacinda said...

She is so very beautiful! Of course I love the name Katie! I call my Katie, "Katie Boo" all the time; it just flows well! I use it so often that even her little 2 year old friend calls her Katie Boo. (I sometimes call Gracie, "Gracie Lou.") Any name you choose is pretty!

Deana Nall said...

She's so pretty! Congratulations!

Julia has never let us call her anything but "Julia." Jenna has been Jen-Jen, Jenna Bear, Jenna-ma-bacon (from Julia's friend) and JENNA CAROL! -- when she's eating food out of the trash can.

Susan - said...

Love the pictures! I have been waiting on that. Well, with Kolby Sue and Rhett Roo, Katie Lou fits right in. (They call my neice Ella Bella a lot.)

She is precious whatever you call her. I can't wait to meet her in person!

MDM said...

She is sooooo sweet!! She looks alot like her bro and sis...instant bond. I can't wait to hear more and more updates on your new little person!!

Donna G said...

I think you have to call then all of the names until one sticks....

elizabeth said...

As the mother of "Mary Elizabeth" or "Mary Beth" or "Emme", I can relate to not knowing what to call her. I call her all three in the same conversation! I guess she can decide what to call herself when she starts really talking.

jettybetty said...

She IS an angel--so glad to hear everything went well!

courtney said...

BEAUTIFUL girl! What a sweetie!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

She is a beautiful little baby girl. It is easy to see how proud her family is of her. May God bless her with a long rich life!

Stephen Bailey said...

Congratulations Stephanie! I'm on vacation and away from the computer most of the time, but I'm glad I checked in! She is beautiful and I'm so happy things went smoothly. Blessings on your wonderful family!

Stephen Bailey

mom23 said...

She is just beautiful! Congratulations to all of you!

Chris said...

Congratulations!!! Whatever you decide to call her, I'd call you blessed...