Saturday, January 27, 2007

Eye-yi-yiii

I bet you're thinking, didn't she just post a black eyed picture of Rhett a week or so ago? Yep. I did. This is the other eye. Tuesday night Rhett accidentally fell off a chair in my parents kitchen and landed eye-brow bone first on the tile floor. He immediately had an egg just over his left eye. I just knew he had a concussion.
Luckily he just had a huge purple lump that eventually spread to the eye below. I kept him home from school the next day but he really is fine...just looks pathetic. Didn't I tell you he is rough and tumble! Pure B-O-Y with the bruises and black eyes to prove it.

On a completely different and unrelated note... I think thumb-sucking is the greatest thing since sliced bread! Seriously. I have never had a "thumb sucker" before now. I love that Ella Kate can quickly and easily sooth herself just by sucking her thumb. She puts herself to sleep effortlessly in minutes! And the greatest thing about her thumb is she always has it handy (tee-hee) and can find it on her own. We never worry about loosing it and it can not fall out of the diaper bag in the church parking lot. There is the "teeth straightening" issue but, knowing her genes as I do , there isn't a chance she will avoid the orthodontist anyway. Thumb sucking can't make it too much worse. I know I may be singing a different tune in a few years, but for now it is so nice... and it's really cute to boot!
Now don't you wish your thumb gave you that much comfort? :) Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

MDM said...

I have/had two thumb-suckers! Rachel stopped right at the start of kinder and it NEVER bothered me that it was not until then. Zoe is a still a "sleepy or bored" sucker and hopefully she will stop before kinder too. Ella Kate is so precious with that little thumb in. Poor Rhett with the passing back and forth of the black eyes!

TMK said...

well it's nice to know that your household is just like mine! My 4 year old has already had a shiner on Jan.1! What a way to start out the new year right?

Susan - said...

Finally, I can comment again!

Sweet, swwet picture. Jonathan was a thumb sucker too. I loved it. Then he just quit when he was about 3.

Jacinda said...

The thumb sucking picture is too cute! Katie sucked her thumb as a baby and I thought it was so sweet. I was kind of sad when she stopped!

Donna G said...

The triplets all suck thumbs...well Eli kind of sucks his two middle fingers...it is cute and effecient...

jettybetty said...

That thumb sucking picture is precious--she does look like she is at peace!

Rhett is all boy--but I'm sure you wouldn't trade him and his 2 shiners for anything!

Deana Nall said...

Julia was a thumb-sucker, which was great. I kept a friend's baby one day who was a pacifier baby and most of the day was spent looking for the darn thing while she screamed. I was SO grateful that Julia was a thumb girl. She didn't quit until the summer before kindergarten, but her teeth look OK. It's the permanent teeth you have to worry about, so EK has plenty of time.