Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's Melting!

I love winter. I love snow. I love snow days. I love school starting at 10:00am. I love staying home. I love cooking warm comfort foods and soups. HOWEVER, after being basically at home since last Thursday with sickness and/or icy weather... Today I loved watching the sun come out and the ice start to melt away!


Even our "ice injuries" are starting to melt away. Kolby can sit down with out wincing and the Rhett's eye is more of a rainbow color than black.





It was fun. We had lots of together time. Lots of PJ time. Lots of fires in the fire place. Lots of good food and hot chocolate. Lots of board games, card games and video games. And did I mention I have cooked. Lots of cooking!

I cooked more in the last week than I have in a very,very long time. Breakfast, lunch, and supper.. cause we all know that you just can't eat cold cereal, poptarts or sandwiches when it is that cold outside! Eggs, bacon, pancakes, soup, Mexican food and hearty home-made meals are all that sound good when sleet is hitting the window and a warm fire crackles in the fireplace! :)

But after 7 days...The dish washer is in shock. The pantry is in dire need of replenishment, and there are so many left overs in the frig you can barely get the milk in and out with major re-organizing.

Not to mention being cooped up in the house with three kids for several days in a row. I love them dearly and my kids are pretty great, but I think we all could use a little exercise, a little space, and a little"me" time! My ears are soar from of hearing "MMMoooommmm!" over and over and over....

I would not make it up North. After one week of winter weather, I am happy to see the sun. AND I am thrilled that it is going to get into the 40s today! I'm ready for the kids to go to school, Rob to go to work, me to go to Target! :)

Yes. The ice is melting. It is time.

PS Two prayer request for those who feel so inclined.

~Our beloved pediatrician, Dr.Kemper lost her mother to cancer Monday. The funeral was delayed because of the weather and will be tomorrow. It's been a very hard couple of months. I pray for peace and comfort for her as I know how close she was to her mother.

~A family at church has a new baby in Cooks children's hospital in Fort Worth. He has been there all but 24 hours of his two weeks of life. Please pray that God will comfort and heal this baby and family.
Here is a link to their MSN updates for those of you who want to keep up with their progress.
THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Can I come over to your place? It sounds so warm and cozy!

You'll treasure the memories of the great snow-in of 2007...but I'd be about ready to head out to Target myself. :)

Beaner said...

My Target just became PERFECT...they now carry wine, etc.!!!

Amy S. Grant said...

Beaner! You crack me up.

Ours has a Starbucks, so it's been perfect all along. :)

I do love their World Bazaar furniture and such.

SG said...

Last night I went to target for milk, formuala, bibs and coke zero... Over a hundred dollars later I left with much more than what I came to get... and our Target does not have a Starbucks or Wine!!! But they did have new hot pink baby crocs, baby sunglasses, and a sweet little baby rash guard swimsuit. You never know when you'll need a baby swimsuit in January! :)