Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend highlights

~ Three words... Cinnamon Dolce Latte So I had all my carbs for the weekend in one cup...It was so worth it!

~ Daddy/Daughter and Mommy/Son date night Friday. Kolby picked On the Border with her Daddy. Rhett picked Mr Gatti's with me. Our Mr Gattis was closed. On a Friday night. At 6:30 PM. With no sign/explanation/ warning! VERY DISAPPOINTING! So Rhett opted for Jason's Deli. I think it was Baylor sorority night at Jason's but Rhett insisted we stand in the 30 minute line and fight the dozens of salad eating Baylor Princesses for a table. Talk about feeling old. Midway through our meal Rhett asked if all girls eat salad and talk loud. :)

~ Things I heard myself say that I never thought I would...
"Your sister's head is not a bongo drum."
"But honey, it was all an additional 30%off of 75% off!" (So did they pay me 5% to buy it?)
"We are not renting a stage and spotlight for your birthday party."
"Do not build sand castles in the living room!"
"We do not crawl under the pews during the prayer" As if there is a good time to crawl under the pew?
"Please do not use my rose bowl as a basketball goal."
"No dessert until you eat that pizza." ???????????
"Please take that head off and help me wipe up this poop."

Just a typical weekend in our house. :)

8 comments:

Susan - said...

Love those comments. The things we say as moms!

Anonymous said...

My nephew is very perceptive! Miss yall bunches. -Sari

mom23 said...

Yes, they all eat salad, talk loud, drive poorly, and want an M.R.S. degree.

I'm kidding. Sort of.

I can put all of those comments into some kind of context, except the head/poop one. I can't for the life of me figure out what was happening in your house to warrant it! LOL

Beaner said...

I'd love a little more info. on that last quote too! Mommy quotes are priceless!!

Jacinda said...

Yeah, I love it when we tell them they have to eat more french fries before they can go play at McDonald's or eat more chips before they can have their cookie at the Mexican place!

Amy S. Grant said...

Love it! Yes, we all say things we are horrified at.

My daily quote to my middle child is "Take a deep breath, and please talk in a low voice". This is to soften the high-pitched drama that accompanies many of her sentences.

And the Cinnamon Dolce Latte sounds so worth it!

SG said...

Sorry I have been out...
About the last comment one of the kids was wearing the "Jack In the BOX" head and bumping through the living room while I was changing one of EK four alarm diapers that leaked. :) The things I hear myself say!

Amy S. Grant said...

That's just plain funny!