Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter is here... time to spring clean!

Today Kolby's school started at 10am and Rhett's was canceled. At first I was bummed about Rhett's school because I had an extra long list of to-dos after being cooped up in the house more or less since last Friday. But as I drove Kolby to school it started sleeting and I (being a total weenie when it comes to driving in ice, sleet or snow etc ) was only too happy to pull back into the safe confines of our little garage.

I don't see myself leaving until I go get Kolby at 3. Pondering the importance of Dance at 4:30? AND then I noticed we are supposed to turn in the Girl Scout Cookie Sales totals today....Oops! Were we selling cookies? I think we all kinda forgot that. No door to door sales today, so I'm afraid Kolby is going to be far short of her goal of 240 boxes... like 190 boxes short at best! Anyone want to order Girl Scout Cookies????

In other news I am on the verge of a clutter/disorganization breakdown! My house just doesn't look or feel like my house with all this stuff around. The next few weeks are going to be dedicated to re-organizing a cleaning out. Pre- kids this would have taken me two days tops. Now, I am hoping to be at least half way there by March! And in the process of this I want to re-paint the living room, dining room , kitchen, laundry room, the halls and totally re-do my bathroom. I would also like to build a desk and filing cabinet area in the nook attached to our bedroom and clean out my closet...which has not been cleaned out since we moved in almost five years ago. In addition to all this I have six years of scrapbooking to catch up on and the PTA scrapbook for this year to put together.

Seriously, does anyone know if that clean sweep show comes to Texas??? Seriously!

So why am I sitting here blogging during precious nap time???? If you don't see me around blog world you know where I am...If you do see me around, you'll know what I am avoiding! :) Everyone bundle up and keep warm because it is cold out there! :)

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Good luck with the de-cluttering! If you find a system that works, let me know...I need help, too!

jettybetty said...

I am pretty sure I need Meredith's help! Some of the time, I don't know where to start--but I know I need to. I don't care for clutter. Hope all goes well--report back often!

Beaner said...

Here I sit in Illinois, laughing at the silly Texans & Californians with their "snow".

Seriously, I hope you enjoy your time, whether you are being productive or not! I have a HUGE list of home projects too!!!