Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another birthday... all ready?

38

uuuggghhh!
Birthdays stopped being something I looked forward to about 7 years ago. I feel like a birthday scrooge . I'm sort of wishing I could forget this day... But don't tell my kids. I would hate to ruin their fun. Rhett was so excited last night about the surprise he helped pick out for me. Kolby has been dieing to tell me what my present is, but she hasn't. Even Rob has had a hard time not letting the cat out of the bag... I hope it is not a cat! :)
It's not easy having a child/sibling/spouse/parent born a week before Christmas, but my family always manages to make me feel very loved and special. I am grateful for all the days God has blessed me with. I pray I put them to good use and make the most of this coming year!
38?
uuuggghhh.
addendum:
AND To answer Angela... I got this. There is a story behind it, but that's another blog.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Happy Birthday!!!! I feel the same way as you do. Totally. I'm staring at the year after yours in a few weeks. See? I can't even say it. ;) Have a good one!!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

38 was great and you haven't even gotten to the fun part yet. Really, it gets more fun after 40!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I've felt the same way every year since 30 but it always turns out to be no big deal. The dreading of it is always worse than the actual being of it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy it...really!

Amy S. Grant said...

Happy Birthday, and welcome to 38!

mom23 said...

Happy 7th Birthday Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Steph!

Meredith

Susan - said...

Happy Birrthday! Excellent song choice.
Can't wait to hear about your present.
Hey, 38 is nothing. Trust me. My number is changing in a couple of days and I am not looking forward it that either.

Candy said...

Happy Birthday! Girl, it only gets better! Embrace it! At 51 I am a birthday loving girl! My son turns 16 Saturday and my dad will be 92 on Friday (which is where I get my birthday fervor - he always told us that "life begins at ___.") We have the Christmas birthday thing going on. My son has handled it so very well. We've had elf parties and grinch parties and he has always refused the half b-day idea in July.

Nellie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm 20-1/2 years ahead of you, and get ready - it only gets better. Loved the "reject" pictures. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

So....What was the gift?

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you enjoyed yours better than I enjoyed mine!

Anonymous said...

I love it! My Grandma has had the same one my entire life and they make the best mashed potatoes! I've always wanted one but I have a kitchenaid and have always felt it would be excessive to have both. Maybe I should rethink that!

Susan - said...

That looks like your kind of thing. Hope it helped with the 5dozen cookies.