Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The List (& Photo Update)

Updated with photos at noon.
This is the list going to the North Pole this year...

Kolby (always our big ticket girl) said she didn't really want all this but wanted to give "Santa" lots of ideas, wink, wink!
A real lap top (ha!)
A real working cell phone (not!)
A video camera
High School Musical Barbies (still my little girl)
Paint-tastics
A Be-Dazzler (really!)
The Webkinz Reindeer
Gift card to Justice or Limited Too
Video rocker chair like the one Rhett wants
Cool brown boots
I-pod gift card for some more music
Dogz DS game book
Books that are not for little kids

Rhett said since he has to take toys to everyone, Santa can just pick one thing and "Mom can get the rest..."
Video Rocker Chair
Ratatouille PS game
Black or Chocolate Lab Wedkinz
Cars race set from Target
Blue Razor
Mario Party DS game
Transformer Optimus Prime that shoots
New markers
More brainteaser cards
Some boy books ( I guess he thinks we only have girl books?)
Basketball shoes and a new blue (?) basketball
Tony Romo Jersey
A gift card to Target or Sports Authority(my kids love gift cards)
A new room (Yes, I still have not finished that...)

Ella Kate (as supposedly dictated to her brother and sister)
Moe moe (Elmo)
shewz (shoes)
oh bay (baby)
baw (ball)
Foon (phone)
a car (EK loves the Barbie convertable bug ride-on at they have out at Wal-Mart, so her sibs added this one for her)
a kitchen (she loves to open and shut the doors, but can not say this one)

We'll see what Santa delivers!

Even though she gets the whole Santa thing, Kolby asked if I wanted her to ask for a bench for the front yard. ( I have been saying I want to add a park bench to the front landscape.) I thought it was sweet that both kids wanted to add a "new truck for Dad" to their list. I told them that we didn't need to add Mom and Dad stuff to Santa's list. Both Kolby and Rhett also wanted to add about a dozen things to Ella Kate's list. They have been very alarmed that so far EK doesn't have as many presents under the tree as they do.

When we put a Santa letter in our mail box (with or without postage) our mail carrier leaves a note for the kids telling them that their letter was sent on a special North Pole express and it should get there overnight! That is so fun!

So, what's on your list?

Oh and here are some pictures of our season so far.
The Striped Christmas Tree. Every few days another strand of lights goes out. Hopefully we will still have lights on the 25th!
Kolby and Rhett were in a little program at church last week. Rhett sang with the little deers. (For ACU people : The little dear laughing hysterically in the front is the daughter of MK & K Gunn. She looks just like her daddy, but as exhibited here, has a lot of MK in her too!)
Kolby sang with the chorus and shared a few speaking lines with her cousin Sam. (and the daughter of blog lurker cp)

All the Cousins. If my grandparents were alive today they would have such fun with their nine great grandchildren.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do all kids think they need cell phones? my 7 year old is begging for one. No way will she get one.

mom23 said...

Totally not related, but I had to let you know.

Chloe was complaining for a sore throat this afternoon and I couldn't decide if she needed to be seen or not. So what did I do? Call Dr. K's office. Its been a month and I can't let go. Sad, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

This year my kiddos want electronics/games and clothes/boots. it is really weird that I have not shopped the toy aisles! I miss it :(

Meredith

Susan - said...

I envy your relationship with your cousins and how close all the second cousins are. Those second cousins are closer than many first cousins are. How special for all of you.

SG said...

Susan
You are so right. My kids don't know what 2nd cousins are. They only know they have cousins who are also their best friends. We are very blessed. Sometimes in the chaos that sometimes accompanies our brood I catch myself wondering if my grandparents are looking down at us laughing. I beleive they would also be beaming with pride at the closeness their 2 daughters, 6 grandchildren, and 9 (so far) great grandchildren enjoy. It is a huge blessing in our lives!

mom23 said...

I love these lists! I haven't had my kids make a list yet. Is it a sign of my disorganization?? Egads!

Amy S. Grant said...

I love the cousin picture, and I feel sure your grandparents are watching with pride!

Love that picture of the little dear with Rhett. I'm not sure who her parents are, but that picture just makes me smile.