Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Card Picture Attempts

So... 

I tried to use this Halloween picture for our Christmas Cards. I had a whole "Holiday Howdy" thing worked out (remember we are from Texas)  and they were so cute.  
  But Wal-Mart had issues and would not let me have my cute Holiday Howdy cards. I got to see one just before they threw all 100 of them into the shredder. Dadgum copyright laws! I should have known better.
So we had to start all over. 
Since it was too cold to do outside pictures today, and we have already seen Santa once this year, Rob and I were forced to dress the kids up and get a classic "in front of the tree picture"  for our Christmas cards (which may not make it by Christmas!)  I am happy with the picture we decided to use, but getting it was quite an ordeal!
Here are pics that did not make the card this year....


There is a common denominator in all of these failed attempts and her name is Ella Kate! At one point Rhett, who really does not like picture taking sessions, asked if we could just send a picture without EK.  After all these years he and Kolby have this picture thing down. Of course I said absolutely not! We have to have all three kids! 
But getting a great picture of three? Unheard of!  People ask why Rob and I are never in our Christmas card pictures. We can not get a good picture of three people, five would be impossible! So for now I hope people will be happy just to see the smiling faces of my babies. 
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Love it!! Great story, and precious children. :)

Donna G said...

I feel your pain...as I have tried to get three 20 month olds to cooperate!!!!

Mae said...

My photographer e-mailed me a release statement today for the kids' pictures that she so beautifully photoshopped together... b/c I too have a toddeling tooteler... SO GREAT! Dang laws!!! We can all imagine the super cute holiday howdy pic! :)