Monday, December 10, 2007

Tagged

It was 80 degrees here on Saturday, then suddenly it was 40, cold and windy on Sunday. I bought a fleece pullover from Old Navy last week. Yesterday I pulled it out of the bag, cut the tags and pulled it on before heading out the door to take the two older kids shopping and to a birthday party.

We went in Toys-R-Us and the alarm at the front door went off. The Toys-R-Us lady decided it was my cell phone(doesn't everyone have a cell phone?) and let us enter. The alarm went off again as we left. We stopped. The workers went through my bag and purse, decided it was the digital camera I had in my purse, and let us leave. The same thing happened at Target and then again at Barnes and Noble. After we set off the alarm for the sixth time in a day on the way out, the B&N sales guy asked me if I was wearing anything from Old Navy. When I said I was he told me that sometimes there is a tag in Old Navy clothes that sets off store alarms.

Sure enough. After leaving the store, I felt the inside of my fleece pullover and found a white tag with navy blue (how appropriate) capital letters that read "REMOVE BEFORE WASHING OR WEARING." And now, four hand bag checks later, I know why!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those tags are also in Gapkids clothes. I had the same thing happen to me while shopping at Macy's. Security even check all of my bags and Cassidy's purse! We showed them the tag in her jeans and they let us go.

I love the cold weather that came through yesterday! Put me in the baking Christmas mood!

Meredith

SG said...

Luckily I just bought one or two things at each place, or it would have been the biggest hassle! Rhett hates attention, so each time the alarms went off he literally ran to hide behind anything he could find. Kolby, on the other hand, was raising her hand, flagging down the store people to alert them that we had set the alarm off. I think I am going to go buy Kolby something and NOT take the tag out on purpose!!! She loves the attention!

Donna G said...

What an adventure....I hope that cooler weather is on its way over...it is 77 and I am sweating today! We don't know how to get the babies pictures made in their Christmas garb...we may have to do diaper shots again.

Beaner said...

You can all have a little bit of our ice, idf you want it! Can't find any road salt at ANY store in town. Another round of it is heading our way & school will probably be cancelled tomorrow. I'd give ANYTHING for a 70 degree day right now!!!!!

SG said...

Beaner I think you should consider a move South. You don't seem to like all that cold weather.

Jacinda said...

You always have the funniest stories to tell!