Monday, February 25, 2008

Blog much?

No, not lately.
I read your blogs but don't have the words, time or attention span to write for mine.
We have managed to put about a 800 miles a week on the van since we purchased it in January. I stayed in my fifth hotel this month last Saturday night. I have not seen my home church two consecutive Sunday mornings in a row since Christmas. I can not remember when I last saw an empty laundry basket. And WOW! Weeds sure do pop up fast in that backyard!
I'm ready for some down time at home. After this week, I might just get my wish! But first,
Rob and I go back to his doctor in Houston on Tuesday. Back in forth in a day = 7 + hours of driving:( Rob is itching (literally and figuratively) to have his big shoulder pad/pillow and sling removed, along with as some of the restrictions lifted. He wants to get back to work too! He loved being home for a few days, but we are going on day 8 now. I think he has visions of not being able to see the top of his desk for months with all that has likely piled up.
HOWEVER, while Rob was home we were able to go and do something we have wanted to do for a LONG time but never seemed to have the time... We went together to the floor store and ordered new flooring for a big chunk of our house! YEAH! I can't wait to get it in and get the house back up to snuff! I'll post pictures (Which reminds me that I can not find my camera~OOPS! Don't tell!)
Our frequent travels will die down a bit after this week. This is also the last week of basketball for K & R and the first week of soccer R&R . And I just realized I forgot to get EllaKate's 18 month pictures taken! (She is 19 months old and will be 20 months old on March 5th) YIKES! How did I let that slip my mind/to do list???? This is truly one of my most favorite stages. A photo shoot for my littlest Miss is definitely going to have to find it's way on the calendar!
See.
Busy
happy
life.
Just not much to blog about
or time to blog.
How bout you?
What's up?
Does anyone even still read this after my dear friend BST erased me from his link list? :)
Just wondering?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still checking in. ;) Hope you have a great week!

Shannon

Julie said...

Yes, still here! Can't wait to see the new floors!
Hope things get back to normal soon...if there is any such thing! :)

elizabeth said...

I check your blog every day! Looking forward to soccer!

Jenni said...

still reading.....you write like I do these days -- not often! :-) looking forward to more photos of EK!

Susan - said...

I check on you just about everyday. I too have been to busy or in a funk to have anything to blog about.
Can't wait to see the new floor!

Laura said...

I'm still here, too!

Jacinda said...

Yes, I grew up in Atl. from when I was 4....parents are still there!

Suzanne said...

I found your blog by linking from BST's and have been reading for a while now. I don't think I have ever commented but i love reading about your sweet family. I have always wanted to ask you if you know Toby Slough (because you have a link to Cross Timbers)? He was my youth minister when I lived in San Antonio. Anyway, I have always just linked here from Brandon's and the other day when you weren't on his I was so sad! :( But, I found you again! Hope you don't mind!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

I still check on you!


Meredith

Beaner said...

I check in all the time too, though I rarely update my own! I forget just how warm the south really is these days - I can't believe you have weeds already & that soccer is starting - we just got another 2 inches of snow up here today! I am SOOO ready for Spring!

SG said...

Xana,
Yes, we know Toby! He was our minister when we lived in Fort Worth. I just loved him and his family so much. He is at Cross Timbers in Argyle now. And Of cousre I don't mind you commenting. I love new blog friends! Welcome!
Stephanie

Mae said...

At home enjoying a snow day and hoping for one more tomorrow. Can't wait to see your new flooring. Getting paint for my own dining room over spring break... Hoping to head to the ATL's IKEA to get new furniture as well. Tootles!