Friday, February 29, 2008

Enough already!

I have been called by a different political candidate/party everyday, several times a day, wanting to talk to me about my primary vote. The commercials are everywhere. The election is all the news/entertainment/tv/radio/internet people want to talk about. Even my HGTV is dogged with commercials from Hillary, Obama, McCain and Mike Huckabee (Really?! Would someone please tell him McCain is not going to ask him to be VP so give up already!) They are even coming to my town and causing traffic problems. (For almost 8 years Bush has been coming here regularly and the traffic kept flowing. Hillary is in downtown for 30 minutes and the interstate is a mess.)

The parties haven't even picked their candidates and I am already tired of "the election." Is there any way to just vote now and skip all of this election stuff for the next 9 months? DON"T MISUNDERSTAND.. I will vote. I believe every person who is able should vote. I will even try to vote early. BUT REALLY! Do we have to hear about each breakfast, lunch and dinner each candidate ate, who they ate with, where they were going, where they stopped, what nit they picked, what babies they kissed and which opponent they bashed... EVERYDAY... for 9 months? End Rant.

On a happier note...
HAPPY LEAP DAY! I know a guy who claims to only be turning 10 today. The world and mirror say different. So cool to be born on leap year though! Think of how much his parents saved on birthday parties and gifts? :)

I went a little crazy in my kitchen today. I'll call it leap day madness. I got up on a ladder to change a light bulb and an hour later all the wall paper had been pulled off my walls! Yeah. I know. What was I thinking? We do plan to texture eventually, but it is not in the budget right now. Soooo... I think I am going to just tint some primer, paint the drywall and live with it until I can figure out what to do next. I'm considering bead board instead of texture. I love the look of painted bead board. But my timing is lousy. There are only two rooms in this house in which I do not have a major project going. Nothing is finished. All of it will take a lot of woman hours on my part as my handy husband just had surgery and can not help much with just one good arm. We are having new floors put in 65% of the house next week and I have not even started packing up stuff or clearing out space in the other 35% of the house for all the furniture from the 65% to be moved to for four or five days. I still have to figure out how we will function without the use of the kitchen and laundry room for two days. What about my refrigerator? I need a plan.. and maybe a clone of me to get this all done. And on top of all this, I pulled down all the wall paper in my kitchen. Today. While changing a light bulb? I need a design/decorating intervention!

I know! The next politico call I get I 'll tell them that I will vote for the candidate who will come (or send some able bodied staffers) to help me finish all my decorating projects... Do you think any of them need my vote that badly? :)

Happy Weekend Bloggies!

P.S. Ella Kate has pink eye. No pictures again this weekend. Should I just give up?

9 comments:

mom23 said...

Oh yeah. I was relieved that the OK primary came so soon so I was able to just get it over. The calls are soooo annoying. Can you imagine if you lived in NH or IA? I have a friend in NH and her phone rang non-stop for days and the candidates were in every town and every building. And that was when there were oodles of candidates!

Laura said...

Sorry, this comment doesn't have to do with your post. I was just curious, have you seen the cover to this month's "Texas Monthly"?

SG said...

Laura,
Yes I have read the article. My friend Shannon (who often comments here) is even mentioned in the article for her blog dontevengetmestarted.blogspot.com I do not think TM was very fair in their assessment of her blog. TM got many of the minor facts wrong but most of the major ones right. I think it all boils down to this... Matt Baker has been accused of sexual misconduct over ten times and always gotten away with it. Who is to say that he didn't mueder Kari thinking he has always been able to get away with things. I could write a whole post about this but I'm not going to. Self control. Go to Shannon's blog if you want learn more.

SG said...

Woops! This is Shannon's blog
http://dontevengetstarted.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Hi there! We had our woods floors redone last summer, and we wheeled the fridge into the nearest room with carpet (placing it on top of a thick tarp). It worked out fine! We had to stay off of our floors for a week!
I probably won't be able to check in for awhile, so I'll have to catch up next month! :)
Love to you an yours!
Julie

Laura said...

Thanks for sending the link. I'll check it out ~ probably during the boys naptime, if they ever decide to nap at the same time!

Meredith said...

I have a cousin who turned 13 on Friday! She loves telling people that.

Wow! Your are very brave for tearing down your wallpaper. Good for you! Most people would just look at it for years wanting to take it down. Good luck!!!

Meredith

SG said...

Brave? Well, in a crazy kind of way! After wanting to rip it down for six years, I just could not wait any longer. :) Now what to do...funny thing is that i think it looks better now with just the paper backing up, than it did with the paper. And now I HAVE to do something.

Anonymous said...

SG,
Too bad you don't live in NH -- I heard a news report saying that during the primaries they were calling and offering people rides, offering to shovel driveways, and even providing babysitting if people would come vote. Maybe painting can be added to that list -- never hurts to ask, eh? :)