Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Nights

Updated with captions 7-22 Good Morning Blog World!

Seems like the Mondays are coming so fast this summer!
We have a full week ahead with Dance Camp, 3 baseball games, Rob 's trip to CA for work, friends coming by to visit for a night, my constant quest to get our house redecorated, the state PTA conference in Austin for me, and finally our family trip to San Angelo for my 20th High School reunion next weekend! I'm overwhelmed from just typing that list... Can you imagine what living it will do to me? 8>) Looks like we are going to have a great week!

I may come back and add captions later, but for now here is a random assortment of pictures and video from last week that I'll call SUMMER NIGHTS....

EK has discovered the fn of swimming in Mommies bath tub every night... She even wants her duck float.

Our bedtimes are getting later and later! Maybe becasue it is more fun to play outside after the sun goes down.

I put these up for EK's party and love them so much I can't take them down!

Mama K and Ella Kate enjoy some after dark jumping on the trampoline. Yes. I said MAMA K!

I was so pleased to sit in my living room and look at my finished shelves at night that I took these pictures.

Of course the rest of the house is a wreck from me getting the bookshelves decorated, but still...

Along with the later bedtime, a new addition to EK's night time routine (if what we have done this summer qualifies as a routine!) is to "watch Ella Kate" on the computer. This entails someone sitting in front of the computer with EK, making a mini movies with the web cam and then watching it over and over and over... Here is one from last night I will call
My Little Star


My next post probably won't be until next week. Looking at my "To Do" list and calendar, I think that post will be titled Summer DAZE!

Hope you are enjoying the blessing of these sweet summer days and nights!

P.S. Please leave comments. I'm starting to feel lonely on this blog :)

7 comments:

Jenni said...

love the new living room cabinets....can't wait to see Rhett's finished room!!

That Girl said...

My 30th reunion will come in 3 years. I remember when my mother went to her 30th and I thought she was old then... I'm not old!

Nellie said...

I wasn't old at my 40th reunion last fall either! :)

I'll pray for lots of energy for you over the next week. Enjoy those summer nights and all of the activities.

The cabinet "do-over" is awesome!!

Mae said...

Totally thought of you and Rhett's room re-do. Get the August issus of Real Simple Magazine and you'll see why! :)

Don't feel lonely.

I was reading back through some of my old posts from the first year of blogging (2004!)... what in the world did we do? Sit at our computers and wait for each other to comment so we could immediately answer with something witty?!??! Ahh, the days of early blogs.

Mae said...

Totally thought of you and Rhett's room re-do. Get the August issus of Real Simple Magazine and you'll see why! :)

Don't feel lonely.

I was reading back through some of my old posts from the first year of blogging (2004!)... what in the world did we do? Sit at our computers and wait for each other to comment so we could immediately answer with something witty?!??! Ahh, the days of early blogs.

Mae said...

Poop... sorry 'bout the double posting.

Meredith said...

Looks like the decorating is coming along. Looks fabulous! Your kids are so precious. Summertime is such a great time for making memories.