Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday morning thoughts

Truly last Friday's post was long enough for a week. But I have a sec and wanted to check in briefly with a few random thoughts for Monday....

The David Crowder Band.
Where have I been? Have you ever listened to their music? I mean really listened? For years Sari has gone to the church this band calls home. She has become friends with some of the band members families, especially one or two of the wives. I thought the DCB was just for "the younger/est generation". And they are. But they are so much more. Last night I was listening to Kolby's i-pod. (Yes. The I-pod her Aunt Sari gave her and filled with music from I-tunes because I hadn't ever learned to do I-tunes.) There is a lot of David Crowder on Kolby's worship playlist. I was overwhelmed when I really listened. Now I see why so many "young" people are taken with them. If this is the music the younger generation is listening to... the future of the Kingdom has never looked brighter! Give them a listen.

Blueberry Muffins
I'm typing to the smell of some cooking right now. YUM! Yes. I know they are not the breakfast of champions. HOWEVER, they can't be worse than do-nuts! Every once in a while a fresh hot blueberry muffin is a good thing! I'm not talking about the "Martha White tear the package and add water type" muffins with bitter bits of blue fake berries. I'm talking about "made from scratch, with fresh blue berries and a sprinkle of crunchy raw sugar on top" muffins. Now that is breakfast food worth getting out bed for! If you don't have a good recipe, buy the Betty Crocker mix in a box. It comes with a can of baby shrunk and shriveled-up blueberries. Add real, fresh ones instead or in addition to the can. A heaping cup full will do. Be sure to sprinkle each muffin with a dash of raw sugar or the big sprinkle size white sugar just before baking. If you just have to make them healthy... make with 1/2 cup apple sauce instead of oil, egg-beaters instead of eggs, and throw in a cup of "All-bran" with an extra tablespoon of water. It will make your muffins huge and a bit heavier, but healthier none the less. (Make 15 instead of 12?)
A fresh blueberry muffin chalk full of hot blueberries, each bursting with sweet and tarty good blueness... This is the muffin I remember loving from my childhood. I will make them for my grandchildren some day. I want them to be brought to me when I'm old and "in the home." Nothing says "lazy summer morning" like a hot, fresh blueberry muffin! YUM! Wish you were here to have one!

Sari is my Genius!
Last night, armed with a memory stick and the computer genius of Jim on speed dial, Sari was able to defy what the mighty Mac Geniuses said could not be done last year. She rescued the pictures off my old PC and put them on my I-mac! (INSERT HALLELUJAH CHORUS HERE!) Yeah for Sari!!!! I feel like she rescued a treasure chest full of memories from the ashes of a smoldering fire! And there is more... Now I can actually go back through and rescue some old documents and clip art too! You have no idea how happy this makes me! I have so missed my old computer... or at least my stuff that was on it. Now I can get all that I loved off and learn to use the it on my new Mac. YEAH!!!!! Finding the time to be able to go through and salvage everything I want and transfer it won't be easy... BUT at least we know it can be done! YEAH!

An HGTV Moment
You know I am addicted to and in love with most things HGTV, but Saturday night I felt a freaky almost weirded out connection to David Bromstead's Color Splash. He was doing a vintage basketball themed TV bonus room. When he started drawing his plan it was so eerily similar to my plan for Rhett's room that I jumped up and dug through four boxes of packed up entertainment center stuff to find an blank tape for the VCR to tape the show. (No, we have not joined the DVR generation yet AND No, I still have not unpacked all that was packed up to do the floors in uh ...MARCH!) ANYWAY... It was weird.I have been thinking about, drawing and trying to plan Rhett's room over a year now. Before I found the great deal on lockers from Craig's list, I had planned to use red lockers from IKEA. David Bromstead used those same lockers and made the same sort of storage ET center like I have planned for Rhett's desk/ storage area. Ok. That doesn't even begin to explain all the similarities. I guess I can't explain why I was so weirded out by the whole thing, but I was. And now I am even more excited to get Rhett's room done!
I told Rob it must mean that it was all meant to be and maybe the show was a sign that I will be able to get it all done. I think Rob was rolling his eyes on the inside. I'm a decor nut. Lately (as in the last 10 months!) I have had so many "projects" going that no one really wants me to get going on something else, but it's too late. Aside from the paint and the molding, I actually have everything. I just have to get in there and get it done.
I think I am driving my family/husband nuts! But Rob is really good about it. So glad he loves me anyway! :) SO I am super motivated to get the house in order fast today and go get the paint to start Rhett's long awaited and talked about room re-do! :)

I'm Your's Factory Sale
For local yocals the Big "I'm Yours" sale was this weekend. I missed it, but I have learned over the years that there is still good stuff left on Monday and Tuesday after the sale. So if you haven't been, and you like that kind of thing, get on over there!

OK. That's all I've got. For now anyway. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

That Girl said...

A bunch of bloggers went to see DCB and Third Day a couple of years ago. I think I liked them better than Third Day!!!

Unknown said...

Jim is the real genius but thank you