Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Two Thoughts for Tuesday

First...
Isn't there a way to make a G rated Guitar Hero? Or GH with out the "real" lyrics? Or maybe with bleeped lyrics? Like a Disney channel version or something? I mean come on! My almost 7 year old loves Guitar Hero (and is quite good at it, might I add) but I refuse to let him play "Raining Blood' or "Number of the Beast. " He doesn't want play these songs for the lyrics, just for the challenge and the points. But Ack! I can't do it! Am I the only Mom who makes kids play GH with the sound muted? Who ever had the brainchild of Guitar Hero could make even more $$$ if they would come up with a kid friendly version of this!!!! I would buy it! Would you?

Second...
FACEBOOK
I took the plunge today.
WOW! Many of you are already there because you are the ones who convinced me to join. It's been really fun today finding friends. I have no idea what I'm doing but... 24 people said I could be there friend today! That alone made it worthwhile! But I fear it's another good, fun thing to keep me away from what I really should be doing. What do you guys think? And if I haven't formally asked you yet ... Will you be my friend?

5 comments:

Meredith said...

GH- Cooper had it and loves it! He has almost master the entire game on all levels. We went through a very tough period where we had to tell him what all the songs he could not play meant. It was a lot for a 9 year old to wrap his head around, but he know understands why he can't listen to that stuff. He plays a lot of the songs on mute. Nintendo DS came out with GH and it is rated G. Cooper is saving up for it. But, I agree that GH for Wii is a little "rough on the ears".

Facebook- I have confirmed as a friend, but I do not keep up with Facebook. I can't keep up with a blog and Facebook. I am not that organized.

Julie said...

Staci and I were just talking about the GH lyrics issues yesterday! We were saying how great it would be to have a Christian band version. Maybe Nino could work on that (hehe).
Have a great day!
ps - no time for facebook. I always thought it seemed fun though. I haven't even blogged in DAYS - Ughh!

SG said...

I think I'm going to push for a Third day David Crowder Band version of GH!
:) Who's in?

Leeser said...

Facebook is cool. Now I've wasted the whole morning!

SG said...

Oh come now Lisa. You invested the whole morning in restoring the lines of communication with old friends! :)

A good friend of mine once hd a word for things like Facebook, Blogging, PTA and the like. She called them TIMESUCKS!
Almost sounds vulgar doesn't it? But Oh-so appropriate. Hope you enjoy my newest timesuck!