Thursday, July 31, 2008

MAMMA MIA!


I was able to see this movie last Friday night with my PTA officers. What a hoot! I laughed so hard and really just wanted to get up and dance a few times. I've thought about it all week. I want to go see it again, so anyone up for a girls night???

I LOVED Mamma Mia on Broadway and was very skeptical of this movie. Of course I knew I'd love the music. Who does not love ABBA? Honestly, I have no idea why Meryl Streep was cast as the "Mamma" because I think she is about 20 years too old for the part, or why Pierce Brosnan was put in any role where he had to sing... BUT IT WORKED! I loved watching this movie! I've been humming Abba tunes all week. AND you know my love for using "..." on this blog, even in the title? Well I have had a few chuckles to myself thinking about what "..." means in the movie! DOT, DOT, DOT!


I read someone say (it may have been a fellow blogger) that Mamma Mia is the Mom's / middle aged woman's "High School Musical." While I take a big exception to that middle aged part, I couldn't agree more! If you are over 28, you need to grab some girlfriends and go see this movie! It's just so fun and full of energy! And again, who doesn't love the music of ABBA?


If you have seen the movie, tell me what you thought. What was your favorite part? Who did you just love in the movie? What did you think of Streep in that role?

If you have not seen it yet, let's go!

Happy Thursday bloggies ...

(P.S. I'm having an ABBA party on my play list! Hasta Manana was my favorite song when I was in kindergarten! I would sing it with the radio into my Donnie and Marie microphone. I was thrilled when Debby Boone re-released it on the back side of "You Light Up My Life" ... Also on the playlist today! Oh the memories! I love ABBA! Really, I don't think I know anyone who doesn't!)

9 comments:

SG said...

OK I will be the first to comment on my own post...
I loves Christina Baranski in this movie! I always love her though. She is so funny, cute and versatile. Ever since she was in The Grinch, I have just loved her! Can't imagine looking that good at her age!

Angela said...

I loved this movie too! My favorite part was where the women of the village were dancing down to the water...wish I could go too. I liked Streep in it but Brosnan is ruined for me forever and I'm working hard to get the images of Colin out of my head...He has a new movie out soon, I need to see it to restore my faith in him...I like "..." too. What does that say about us? Must be why we both have three kids! Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

I thought of you during the whole movie! You and your ABBA! I can still see you lipsinging The Winner Takes It All! Or were you really singing? My memory has a mute button THANK GOODNESS! Loved the movie. Wish I was there to go to it again with you!

SG said...

M ~ I thought the word was lip-sinking? Am I wrong? And no I did not sing...though I do all the time for my kids. :) And I don't think anything could ruin Remington Stelle could me but i did cringe for him! It makes me laugh!

Susan - said...

It is lip sync, I think.
I want to see this movie. Wish we could go together.
I had no idea you were such an ABBA fan. I liked them back in the day. Debby Boone though? GAG. We had to sing that song in
6th grade choir and I have hated it ever since.

Anonymous said...

I had a friend who borrowed my Abba Gold Cd and my Belinda Carlisle Heaven of Earth Cd. She never gave them back. She is no longer my friend. Did I end a friendship over 2 CDs? No. She did.

SG said...

Hey Anon! That's very similar to Robert Redford's line in OUT OF AFRICA about a friend and a book! What a co-ink-e-dink! Out of Africa is probably my favorite Meryl Streep movie until now...Even though I don't think she was the best choice for Donna, she did a great job!

Suzanne said...

I LOVED this movie too! It is so fun and great to go see with your girlfriends! I could not sit still in my seat or stop from singing along! I can't wait to buy it! I loved when they were singing Dancing Queen and wished I could get up and join them. I cried during Slipping through My Fingers. I know cheesey but my little girl is about to start kindergarten. I really enjoy reading your blog Stephanie.

Suzanne

Amy S. Grant said...

I really want to see this movie!