Wednesday, September 24, 2008

whatever dude

My new answer to just about anything?


Yeah.
It's been another one of those weeks of sleepless nights, busy days, and general chaos and pandemonium. So for self preservation and and the doctoring of my frayed nerves, I declare that this week is officially whatever dude week in la casa de Groz.

It's a feeble attempt at letting stress roll off my back like water off a duck, but it's an attempt. Want to join me? It's easy. Whatever the crisis de'jour, take a breath and say "whatever dude" and walk away for minute. Of course this phrase is useless in life threatening situations. But since I only face 6 or 7 of those a day, I can safely use whatever dude 90% of the time. So unless it involves blood, bankruptcy or a toddler in the street, I'm saying whatever dude and taking it in stride.

I even made whatever dude flair for Facebook. Now there's a great example of my prudent time management skills! And for the record, there are no caps in whatever dude because it's such a casual, no-stress phrase that it doesn't even require proper punctuation or grammar! It's just that laid back. Yeah, it is. Oh, and girls can be "dudes" in the jovial buddy/buddy sense (or is it since?) so don't ruin a perfectly good saying by alternating "dudette" for dude. It doesn't work and would sound weird.

Oh.
So... you're thinking I sound weird?

whatever dude

6 comments:

That Girl said...

We're studying the Sermon on the Mount at church and we're supposed to be peacemakers this week... I think a "Whatever, Dude" week would fit that perfectly!

That Girl said...

Sorry - I can't resist the grammar thing. My mother taught reading and would beat me if I didn't do right, you know?

Susan - said...

Love it. I need to adopt that for a day or five.

Julie said...

Love it!
I have to say, though, your post about taking the day off was one of my favorite posts ever. I have been working on having more days like that since school started, and it has made all the difference. Have a good one, Dude!

Beaner said...

Now, if your REALLY want to have the proper attitude, when something happens instead of saying "whatever dude", you can simply raise your hand to your forhead with 3 fingers extended, making a "w" and then turning your hand sideways to make an "e" from those same 3 fingers. This is much more lackadaisical!!! (I won't add the "m" and "l" like they do in 'Camp Rock'! - I have a feeling you've seen this movie too!)

Mae said...

I SO understand. Bran told me he wasnt' a "dude" the other day. During that particluarly trying time I just said, "wtf-ever dude" and left the room. Maturity at it's finest? Not so much. But seriously, I c what ur sayin, dude.