Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mother's Day Out

Yesterday was Ella Kate's first day of MDO.

She was so excited to go!

She has graduated from nap-time in a pack-n-play to a nap on a nap-mat.

Her friend "E-fan" is in her class.

She loves E-fan!

But after we put her things in her cubby and on her hook, it hit her that she was staying and I was leaving. She pulled her "E" out of her bag and her thumb found her mouth. This only happens when she is sleepy, sick or a bit unsure.

She didn't cry, or even whimper, but I headed out ASAP when her sweet teacher directed her attention to some puzzles. Woosh! It was a close one!

I might have even been a bit teary if I hadn't been running to go get Kolby from her new school for the first time and get to an orthodontist appointment. We just made it. (Again WOOSH!)

I'm happy to report Ella Kate had a great day... and so did I!

I love staying home with my kids, but I also love my Mother's Days Out!

6 comments:

Emily said...

That picture of our babies hugging is precious!
I think they all had a great day yesterday!

Jacinda said...

I LOVE the fabric on the nap mat! I have a similar fabric for a diaper bag.

Susan - said...

She reminds me of Kolby in those pictures. It seems like yesterday that Jonathan and Kolby were in the "Bear" class at SCP. *Sigh*

SG said...

Susan
Every time I put EK in that turtle shirt she is wearing I sing "I had a little turtle, his name was tiny Tim..." That was such a sweet year of pre-school! How is that they are in these big schools now?

Anonymous said...

She is a doll! I wish we had MDO for the Triplets, my daughter sure needs it!

Meredith said...

Look at that precious girl!