Saturday, September 06, 2008

Never a dull moment

UPDATE 9-9-08: As of this morning the driver is still in the hospital. His name is Dan. We covet your prayers for him.






This was the scene in our front yard this afternoon. Apparently the man driving this Yukon had a seizure and landed in our front flower bed on top of our Spruce tree. No one was hurt. The man was alone and we heard he should be OK. He came within inches of hitting so many things, including our house, but didn't. Rhett was standing in our driveway when it happened.(My hands started shaking as I typed that.) Thank you God for not letting anything happen to my little boy!




I was OK until I took these pictures. I think it hit me just how blessed we are.
This could have been so bad and it wasn't. Little Rhett was so brave and calm as he ran in to tell me about it. He was the lone witness. That was a lot for a seven year old! While I called 911 Rob got in the truck with the convulsing driver, put his truck in park (because it was still in drive!) took the keys out and sat with the driver while he had what Rob guesses were multiple seizures. Our neighbor got a doctor who lives down the street before 911 responders arrived. Rob knows the driver from work. The whole thing was quite an ordeal. We were all pretty shaken up.

I can't stop thanking God that all we lost were some shrubs.
The policeman said our 12 foot Spruce probably saved our garage.
Maybe so, but I think it had some help from the big guy upstairs!
God is good!



I think I need a nap!

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

WOW---I can't believe it! THank God Rhett is ok and that he had some serious angels watching out for him today!
I know you are saying some serious prayers today!

Anonymous said...

That kind of thing makes you realize that your whole life can change in an instant. Praise God that everyone is OK and RIP spruce tree.

Mae said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS! You all had some serious protection over you. Holy crap... Thank the good lord everyone's fine. Bless Rhett's little heart.

Nellie said...

What an incredible experience for all of you. So glad Rhett is okay, and that no major damage was done to your home. Thank you, Lord.

Beaner said...

I can't believe how little space was left between your house & that Yukon! WOW!!!
So glad Rhett is OK & no real damage to your house either!

preacherman said...

Amazing.
Thank you for sharing this suprising story with us.
God is good that he takes care of us.
I am so glad that you are okay.
As my mom says, "Things can be replaced but what really matters is family, health and our spiritual lives." You are such an inspiration for us all. Keep up the great work you do with your blog. It is one of my favorites! Have a wonderful week.

Angela said...

Rhett is quite a little man! Hug him for us as I say a prayer in gratitude...God is good!

Meredith said...

Thank God Rhett is ok! He had a guardian angel with him.

Susan - said...

Oh my gosh, Stephanie! Glad everyone is OK.

Leeser said...

WOW! Thank you, Lord! That really IS a miracle!

Shannon said...

I CANNOT believe how close that was!!! What a miracle! Glad you guys are alright! Any update on the driver?

Shannon said...

Oh, and Steph........this Slipping Through my Fingers song.....WOW. Tears in my coffee. It's so true. Thanks for sharing it. ;)

Amy S. Grant said...

Amazing! I am so thankful Rhett was okay. This is just more proof of guardian angels! What a close call in so many ways.

I hope the driver is going to be okay.