Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Hold on!

When the weight of all my dreams
Is resting heavy on my head
And the thoughtful words of help and hope
Have all been nicely said
But I'm still hurting, wondering if I'll ever be the one
I think I am - I think I am
Then you gently re-remind me
That You've made me from the first
And the more I try to be the best
The more I get the worst
And I realize the good in me is only there because of who You are
Who You are...
And all I ever have to be is what
You've made me
Any more or less would be a step out of Your plan
As you daily recreate me
Help me always keep in mind
That I only have to do what I can find
And all I ever have to be
All I have to be
All I ever have to be is what
You've made me!
Lyrics by Amy Grant, Word Music 1980

As I said the other day, the music of Amy Grant has seen me through many a trial and triumph in life. At times when it felt like the roof was caving in, this song gave me hope. This song came to mind thinking about a friend who feels the weight of the world on her shoulders right now. This blog is for her. I hope she reads it!

I have been where you are so many times and felt that all encompassing heaviness that saturates to the bone. I have felt my head swirl so fast in a cloud of fear and doubt that my stomach churned and I literally was taken to the floor with nausea. "Where are you, God?" you cry out.
He is right here the spirit says. Did you hear him? Grab that salvation that Jesus died to give you and HOLD ON!
He is right here! Just keep moving forward and hold on tight.
When it has been cold and dark for so long that the light of day seems like a distant evasive dream, HOLD ON!
All you ever have to be is what HE made you, HOLD ON!
The Savior isn't finished with you yet, HOLD ON!
The best is yet to be, HOLD ON!
You are never as alone as you may feel. He is with you. It will get better. HOLD ON!

The greatest thing about growing older is learning that God truly is faithful and that everything is temporal, outside of God's love and Christ's sacrifice! Eventually the clouds will lift and the sun will shine. Even the worst storms have an ending. SO HOLD ON!
You are never so deep in darkness that the blood of Christ can't find you. He will never give up on you, even if you give up on him. Just hold on! HOLD ON!

Dear Lord
Please shelter my sweet friend. She has done wrong and she knows it. She is remorseful and hurting. She has been wronged and it seems life is falling apart around her. She has lost many a battle and she is tired of fighting. Lord, please fight for her! Please wrap her in your loving arms and hold on to her until this storm passes. Just hold on! I ask this in the name of your son Jesus, Amen.

6 comments:

jettybetty said...

"The greatest thing about growing older is learning that God truly is faithful and that everything is temporal, outside of God's love and Christ's sacrifice!"
HOW TRUE! Age does have it's benefits. This is something I tell my young adult children every chance I get. It is so much easier to look back in my life now and see how God has been faithful and then trust He will carry me through whatever crisis comes my way. I pray your dear friend will HOLD ON to the Faithful One. He's holding on to her, even when she doesn't feel it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I think I needed to hear it as badly as your friend.

Susan - said...

Whoever she is, she is lucky to have you as a friend. So am I. Miss you!

Beaner said...

I needed to hear this today too! I really need to be reminded that I am not a finished product yet. Sometimes I feel like I should know better just because I am a grownup or because I've been a Christian for so long, but it's good to know that He is still working on me. I am singing on our praise team this week & it's hard sometimes when my own head is swirling, but one of the songs we are singing is 'Lord You Are Greater Than My Heart' from ZOE. I need to hear "When I doubt your love, you are faithful. When I forget your grace, you remind me. When I lose my way, you will find me." and "Set my heart at rest." It's good to be reassured that even when my mind & heart are scattered in every direction that God is still there - ever present & ever faithful to me. Please, Lord, bring Stephanie's friend, and me, and anyone else who needs it, your peace today.

K said...

What a beautiful friend you are.
Thank you for sharing this, it has reached my heart. The woman you are praying for is blessed to have you in her life.

Grace and Peace,
Kim

Susan - said...

I just had to let you know that I laughed out loud at your comment on Grant Boone's blog! That is classic boy.