Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I never

Thinking about a game that's going over on Vals blog, and a list thing that started on Jenni's blog today, I decided to write down my list of "I Nevers", or "I've Nevers" for those so inclined. To play this in the real world you hold up ten fingers and go around a circle of friends telling things you have never done. Everytime you have done one of the things that someone says they have never done, you put a finger down. You go until only one person has fingers or a finger left up. That person is the winner. For blog purposes, I will just list my I nevers. Feel free to play along....

I've never broken a bone.
I've never sung a solo on a stage with an audience.
I've never been on a military base.
I've never owned a suburban.
I've never owned a truck.
I've never been to Seattle.
I've never been to Washington DC.
I've never smoked a cigarette.
I've never drunk a whole beer.
I've never had my ears pierced.
I've never been to Boston.
I've never bought anything at Abercrombie.
I've never made a red velvet cake.
I've never met the President.
I've never been to Hawaii.
I've never had perfect attendance in anything.
I've never been arrested.
I've never been in jail.
I've never been burglarized.
I've never been stoned.
I've never been drunk...But I have been to tipsy-ville several times.
I've never been completely finished with the laundry...and doubt this ever happens in my lifetime.
I've never cheated on my husband.
I've never wanted to cheat on my husband.
I've never been to Nashville.
I've never read War and Peace. AND I've never wanted to read War & Peace.
I never saw "The Passion" in the movie theater. (I know, I know, I'm Sorry!!! )
I've never eaten at PF Changs.
I've never caught a bridal Bouquet.
I've never been completely skinny dipping.
I've never witnessed a live human birth, besides the birth of my own kids. (Though I have seen a goat, a horse and a litter of puppies "come out")
I've never voted for a Democrat in a presidential election. (Three Bushes and a Dole so I'm 2 for 2. Fair 'nuff! )
I've never voted straight party.
I've never played Basketball on a team.
I've never run for fun.
I've never ordered a steak. (well, chicken fried but that was long ago and doesn't count)
I've never had anchovies on pizza.
I've never been up in a hot air balloon.
I've never been to China.
I've never hitch-hiked.
I've never been to a Nas-Car race.
I've never been snow boarding.
I've never paid more than $100 for a pair of shoes.
I've never paid more than $45 for an entree.
I've never had craw-dad.
I've never tasted veal.
I've never killed an animal... but I have whacked a few spiders and creepy crawlies.
I've never ordered a strait cup of coffee.
I've never understood why anyone would join the KKK.
I've never understood why it is fashionable for underwear to hang out of your jeans.
I've never parasailed, but strangely enough, I dream about it from time to time.
I've never been passed the border towns into Mexico.

AND FOR FUN (don't put any fingers down)
I've never forgotten a toothless Mexican woman trying to sell us her brand new baby boy in Guadalahara when I was 7.
I've never stopped having nightmares about my very mean 6th grade teacher -Mrs. Nelda Powell.
I've never been happier than when I brought my sweet babies home for the first time.
I've never enjoyed five days as much as I did our Honeymoon at Walt Disney World.
I've never watched The Little Mermaid with out getting misty eyed when she leans over the ship to kiss her Dad after she is married. AND I've never admitted that to anyone before now.
I've never thought this hard about all the things I have never done.



So how many fingers do you have up?


To be continued.....

11 comments:

Karen said...

Well, I had 2 fingers left standing when I was done reading your list, so I there isn't much you haven't done that I have!

Beaner said...

Well I'm out! Almost ran out of toes too!

Donna G said...

I am out of fingers and toes. I am trying to decide if I want to do your version or Jenni's.

Jenni said...

I had -2 fingers left. I think your list might be harder! But it sure is fun! Thanks!!!

Mae said...

Ok, so I ran out of fingers, toes, ears, and eyes! Holy Moses... on a side note. If you ever play this game in Tennessee w/ a group of girls who graduate from high school in the early 90's, it involves drinking Tom Collins and various other drinks and you find out WAY too much information!!! Not that I know that first hand or anything... cough, cough.

Deana Nall said...

I could say you inspired me...or I could say I shamelessly copied you... anyway, my "Never" are on my blog.

Susan - said...

The version of this game that I "know" of is more like Mae's. Anyway, I ran out of fingers way back, good grief - you've never ordered a steak?! And I love P.F. Chang's! And I have been to several cities that you listed, past that, don't ask! ha ha

SG said...

HA! Yes, Mae and Susan, I am well aware that shot glasses and whiskey are in this games family tree, but they don't have to be. We once played this at MOPS! We also played in Africa while riding around in the Safari Bus.

I am a little allergic to beef and have never liked beef. So no, no steaks! I have eaten steak before, but it was someone else's idea. AND I want to eat at PFChangs, it just hasn't happened yet. SOMEDAY!

This list made me realize that there are lots of things I would like to do, just haven't done them yet! :)

SG said...

Oh and the beer thing...yes I have started a few,but couldn't stand the taste. Wine, margaritas, Cape Cods... basically I like anything that doesn't taste like alcohol!

Amy S. Grant said...

Well, I hope by now you've had your chance to eat at PF Changs. If not, come to Nashville and I'll take ya. That way you could mark two off your "Never" list!

SG said...

I actually have now eaten at PF Changs and i have been up in a hot air baloon!