Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Spring Break

This is our Spring Break! After a completely beautiful weekend, the north winds are blowing and it is a chilly 52 today. Luckily we were outside most all day Saturday and Sunday (except for church). The Herculean tasks of cleaning out my kids clothes and closets is before me. I'm almost thankful for the chilly "inside" weather. Who wants to be inside a closet when it is bright, warm and beautiful outside? All our time and energy is divided between Spring cleaning in the house and in the yard. Mix in a few fun outings to keep the kids at bay, and the week is packed! I miss the Spring Breaks of my teen &single years when Spring Break meant a week on the slopes, on a campaign, or traveling some fun place. Maybe next year...

Have you noticed that the headlines are chalk full of shootings and gloom and doom this week? Eveyone in the world seems to need a time out and a good nap. I found this story refreshing... Wedgie hits Webster's . Although it means there is just one more word out there to misspell, I like to see fun, common words graduate into the dictionary! Hope you all have a sunny, productive, fun, wedgie free week!

4 comments:

Donna G said...

Tonight I will rest easier knowing that my dictionary is a little more complete... Ha! Thanks for the smile.

Beaner said...

I'm just praying that the weather here will GET to 52!!! It's been in the 30's & 40's all week, but we might get 50 for Easter. I am just anxious to open my windows for a bit - and I can't start Spring Cleaning until it feels like Spring!!!

Susan - said...

Chilly 52? Ha! It was in the 80's here Saturday, then yesterday we actually had a little frosen precipitation! Crazy weather.

Jenni said...

FINALLY! I've been trying to post a comment here all week! I fondly remember all the holidays of school....spring break, guaranteed 2 weeks at Christmas, and a whole summer off!!! A paltry two weeks of vacation just doesn't cut it.