Friday, March 25, 2005

Two Saturdays

Tonight as I tucked Rhett and Kolby in, we talked about what a great "day off " this has been. Rhett asked if he was wearing his new clothes to church in the morning. I told him no, tomorrow is Saturday.
"We get two Saturdays!" he exclaimed with amazement.
"Yep Rhett we get two Saturdays this week because God wanted to give us a day off for Easter," his older and wiser sister explained.
"That was so nice. I like two Saturdays," Rhett said and we thanked God for our double Satuday weekend.

Those kids crack me up! After I turned out the light and left they were still whispering about dying Easter eggs tomorrow. Rhett wants his eggs to look like footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs and golf balls. Kolby said the eggs already looked like a golf balls so there was nothing to do. They agreed to try to draw a paper club and tape it to a white egg to make a golf egg. Kolby wants to make her eggs look like lady bugs, butterflies and other cute creepy crawlies. She wants to attach wings and everything. (Insert old foaggey sigh here) When I was a kid, we just made our Easter eggs a color, like pink, purple or the occasional two or three toned eggs. If we got really fancy we would draw on our egg with a white crayon. Now they are making them sports balls and bugs? What's next?

Rob is at some big playoff basketball game in Austin with friends, so the kids and I went to see Robots tonight. I thought it was really cute. The kids really liked it. Nothing too bad stuck out at me. I love Robin Williams in cartoons. Rhett still sits in my lap for most of the movie but I don't mind at all. Both kids got a little scared (especially at the Stars Wars Trailer WOO HOO! Just two more months till Episode 3!) but both have learned to close their eyes and wait it out instead of screaming. It makes movie going much more fun for me! Am I selfishly de-sensitizing my children? Hope not!

I also hope you all enjoy a "two Saturday" Weekend!

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

I'm with Rhett. I love two Saturday! What a gift!

Beaner said...

I can't wait until Star Wars - I'm just sad that it'll probably be too scary for the kids - they loved the other 5!!!

And about the other day's comments - I think it's great that people are passionate about the Terri debate - even when it's opposing sides - because that means we still CARE - we're not robots! Lord have mercy on the day we stop caring!!! So thank you to all who share their opinions, even when they differ from mine - I love compassionate people!!!

jettybetty said...

I am with Rhett--2 Saturdays are GREAT!!! JB

Karen said...

We spent our 2-Saturday weekend in Kansas City at an LTC convention. At least 1/2 of my family did... my youngest two were sick and stayed home with their dad. It was bittersweet... our last LTC convention in the Heartland of America region. Next year we'll be in CA, a much smaller region with a much smaller number of participants. :O(

K said...

My boss must not have received God's "Two Saturdays" memo. I had to work. How about I make it a Two Sunday weekend? I could go back home and crawl back in bed...