Thursday, May 19, 2005

Episode III Revised



Tonight at 12:00AM, Rob and I, along with 12 good friends and family members, will take our seats in history to watch the final Star Wars movie debut. EPISODE III! The final unfolding that puts all the peices in place to finish out the Star Wars Saga. Rob (aka Obi-Rob-Knobi) and some of my cousins are actually going to dress up as characters.
We are having a B-day/ Kick off party at our house then it is off to the theater with all the other Star Wars geeks! ANTICIPATION!!! We are all really pumped about this movie. The guys have always done the midnight movie thing, but this time we wives decided to join in the fun. Rob went out and bought all our tickets three weeks ago! Needless to say we can't wait! Tell you all about it tomorrow... May the force be with you!
Anyone else out there in blog world celebrating Star Wars tonight?



OK I just saw the movie. For some who asked about kids seeing it...here is my take
The movie is dark early on. I felt sick during many parts of it. I just kept hoping Anikin would not go down the dark path, but knowing that he would. Rob and I agreed that we will not let our children see it until they are much much older. George Lucas himself said he wouldn't take anyone under the age of 12 to this movie. All my family talked about it while leaving and we agree.The darkness builds quickly, but then at the end it just shocked me. I'm sure lots of kids will see it, but I think all parents should see the movie first before making that call.

Having said that, I really loved it. Yoda was awesome! All the questions I had going in were answered. It was amazing how they wrapped it up so neatly. There are only one or two things that don't jive to well with what was said in episode 4-6, but these don't completely contradict eachother either. As dark as it was, the unfolding of the story was amazing. I think it was the best movie of the pre-quels. Just glad I knew the long term ending! I don't think Star Wars would have been as successful if he had released them in order.

Must go to bed... I am just to pumped up to sleep!

8 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm not a midnight movie goer myself, but I do have a friend that is going tonight. I can't wait to see it, though! It will probably have to wait until I am in Houston on Monday night.

Clarissa said...

Nope -- we're waiting until next week so we can avoid people like you!! Haha ... so are you going to do your hair up in those buns on the sides of your head?

I guess ObiWan is a good one to be if your Rob must dress up.

This reminds me of when my Rob and I were in Las Vegas and there was a Star Trek exhibit in a hotel there. We ate at the star-trek themed restaurant they had set up, and someone in costume came up and asked us how we liked everything. We saw him asking other folks, too. To this day we don't know if the person actually worked there -- all he did was walk around and ask people questions. Freaky.

SG said...

A little claification...Only the guys are dressing up and my cousin and I are not sure we want to walk in with them! :) But it is so fun! Must run make a Vader Cake! :)

Beaner said...

My hubby & I will be there tonight, although I'm just gonna be in a Darth Vader T-Shirt - no costumes this time!!! Who knows what my hubby might concoct - he was Darth Maul at our last SW movie!!! Enjoy & May the Force Be With You!!!

elizabeth said...

I feel like a loser being the only wife not going. I don't think I could function tomorrow if I went!

Beaner said...

Soooo....tired.....line..wrapped around building to get in.....crazy night!

I really wanted my kids to be able to see this movie - they LOVE the other 5, but it IS really dark & complex & there's not a lot of funny stuff in this one at all. Some of the deaths are gruesome & sad and while I don't think there was any fearful scary stuff, it was definately too dark for kids.

As Vader put it "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

SG said...

Beaner ~ What did you think of the tarzan thing? CHEESEY but I could have used a ittle more cheesey-ness! Very Very dark! But didn't you leave satisfied and feeling like Lucas tied up all the loose ends? That still amazes me!

Beaner said...

I Hated the Tarzan yell, but it was typical cheese! And I also saw the ET homage when Yoda leaves the Wookies - as pointed out on Cope's post too. I enjoyed seeing a very young Tarkin when we first see the Death Star being built. The scene where Anakin is left on the volcano planet sealed the deal that my kids would NOT see the movie. It kinda left me wishing for a Star Wars 3.5!!!!