Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Worm Song

I actually had a really sweet blog about this being "the last day of school for Kolby and how much her teachers have meant" in mind when I started blogging today. But then I heard Rhett trying to sing The Worm Song. You know, THE Worm Song.....

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,
Long, thin, slimy ones;
Short, fat, juicy ones,
Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.
Down goes the first one,
down goes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.
Up comes the first one,
up comes the second one,
Itsy bitsy chunky wunky worms


Now my mind will not go back to my former sweeter deeper thoughts. The ADD has wiped the sentimental teacher blog out of my head and all I can think of is The Worm Song.

JUST WONDERING...who wrote this song and why do we all know it? I have never knowingly eaten a worm. I don't think I would ever get depressed enough to eat a worm...unless maybe it was a gummy worm or a chocolate worm. Is this a code song for drinking tequila or some sort of drug? There has to be more to this song since we all know it. HMMMM?
Random, meaningless trival thoughts..... Aren't you glad you read this blog? :) HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

3 comments:

Beaner said...

Kinda heard that song before, but I didn't really know the words. What a fun, gross, kids'll love it song!

There IS a book called 'How To Eat Fried Worms' which I loved as a kid & recently read to my son - it's about a boy who maked a bet to eat 20? worms, 1-a-day, to win $50. He comes up w/all sorts of creative ways to eat them. Gross & funny! (But watch for a little bit of language in the book!!!)

Beaner said...

I mean MADE a bet - I HATE grammatical errors!!!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Twila Paris wrote it. We're recording it on our new ZOE CD-- "All Things Slimey"