Friday, June 03, 2005

The first week of Summer

It has been quite a week! School was out last Friday. Friday night we went to my aunts house to celebrate her birthday and let all the kids swim. Saturday Rob helped my cousins move and the kids and I did NOTHING! It rained off and on all day. Sunday we woke up bright and early and drove to San Antonio to Sea World.

It was really fun until Rhett started getting sick. We left the park around 8pm with Rhett puking in a cup. Once we got him situated, he feel asleep and stayed that way until we got home. As we approached Temple, the sky opened up and we thought we were going to be washed off the interstate! Big 18 wheelers were pulled over to the side of the road with their hazards flashing. Stalled out cars littered the highway and shoulder. We pressed on at a snails pace of 15 miles per hour and made it home about an hour and a half later! (Temple is only 30 minutes from our house.) When we got home Kolby admitted that she woke up during the storm and couldn't hold it!! Lovely! Nothing like a little puke and pee to make the Van smell oh-so -sweet! The moral of the story? NEVER skip church to go to Sea World!

Memorial day was spent trying to recover and clean up! On Tuesday Rob had work, I had McKenna for the last time, Kolby had the first of a three-part four-hour long reading needs evaluation, and Rhett started getting sick from the other end. YUCK! On Wednesday the sun was out and it was hot so we went swimming most of the day at our neighbors.

Thursday we went to Dr Kempers office twice only to find out that Rhett had a major stomach bacteria. He started antibiotics and he feels much better. Kolby went to the second part of her evaluation and the two of us did a little shopping while my Mom kept Rhett. Kolby had a birthday party till 9pm last night while Rob and Rhett went swimming till dark again with our cousins Robby, Justin, and Whitney.

Today it is cloudy and humid. It looks like it could rain any minute. I love summer rain! I am just now sitting down to work out our summer schedule. I am trying to get a good mix of activities and chores scheduled to make our summer run smoothly. Last year we went to the library on Tuesdays, the movies on Wednesdays and rotated between the museum, the zoo, and swimming on the other days.

This summer is shaping up the same, except I am trying to get a little more structure in our at home time. I hope to incorporate a little more time to help Kolby with her reading, help Rhettt learn to write all his letters and numbers, and get me in more of a work-out routine. My friend Elizabeth inspired me to write all this down and make an "on paper" plan. I'll let you know how that goes!

Reading over this I realize this post is about as interesting as reading wall paper! Sorry guys, I just can't seem to get the blog juices flowing! Maybe if I put blogging on my summer schedule....

I love summer!

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Oh it is interesting. At least I know where all my rain is coming from. I love summer too, but so far have only been in the boat once, on the Sea Doo once and have not been swimming....

But today starts the weekend!!yoo-hoo!

elizabeth said...

Good luck with the schedule! It made a world of difference for us last week. You need to go to the library by Starbucks on Wednesdays. Amy is going and I think Ashley will be going as well. Hope your weekend is great and your kids keep their bodily functions to themselves!