Friday, June 24, 2005

ALL ABOARD!


We had a great time in Palestine and Rusk, Texas. None of us had ever been to Palestine. (pop. 17,398 SSSAALLUUTTEEE!) It was only two hours from Waco. We even stayed a day longer than planned. The train was fun! But in all honesty I think that a good hotel room and a pool are all it takes to keep my two kids (and me) happy, no matter where it is! No really, we had fun in the big town of Palestine and met some really nice people. We also saw some beautiful old homes and buildings. I loved the trees! Palestine is a nice size small town...It had a Wal Mart and Applebees but no Target. I have never lived in a town smaller than San Angelo, population 100,000 +, (though it was more in the 75,000- 85,000 range most of the time I was there.) My grandparents hailed from Coleman (pop 4,000) and Colorado City (pop 3,500) respectively, so I know a thing or two about small towns. I think I could live comfortably in a 17,000 + town, but that is as small as I want to ever go!

Must catch up with Rob and do laundry! Happy Weekend blog world! More pictures below...can you tell I just learned how to download pictures from the camera this week? :)

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like such a fun trip!

Susan - said...

Sounds like fun. Love the picture of your Dad and Rhett especially. When it is cooler, you should take the kids and ride the Tarantula Train in the Stockyards. The boys loved it, but there are no air conditioned cars.

jettybetty said...

Looks like you had a great time--isn't that funny about how the kids will just be happy with a hotel and a pool! The train looks really fun--we have always talked about doing that and have never gotten around to it!!
JB

Mae said...

I am SO proud of you for learning to download pictures!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful trip. I need your opinion on my latest post, PLEASE!

Gem said...

I wonder how many people actually get the SSSAALLUUTTEEE reference!!! Made me giggle!