Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Summer Plan

WALL PAPER WARNING!!!! (See my comment at the end of yesterdays post!)

Ok It has taken me some time, but I finally put our summer plan down on paper. I feel so much more focused! For those of you who are curious...Here it is!

Monday: Movie Day
Tuesday: Summer Fun Days (MDO at church)
Wednesday: Library Day
Thursday: Free Choice or Stay Home Day
Friday: Fun Activity Day (Zoo, Museum, Park or Swimming or other)

Here are the other things we are going got incorporate into our daily schedule:
20 m Outside Work : Clean up toys, Pull weeds, Water, Sweep, Garage clean-up, pick vegetables etc.
40 m Outside Play: Walk, Bike, Fort, chalk, ball etc
20 m Inside Work: Vacuum, Sweep, Clean Bathroom, Laundry, Dust
40 m Inside Play: Toys or other (no TV or V-games)
1-3 Hours: Weekday Summer Activity from list
30 m Art: Crayons, markers, paint, play dough, clay
20 m Writing Time: Journal, Letters, Numbers, Cursive
30 m Quiet/ Reading Time: In room, on bed, by self
20- 30 m Read To Time: Read together w/ Mom or Dad
60 m TV Time ~ Can earn more maybe

Both kids have a set of three chores in the morning, afternoon and at night. Our "tidy-up" time is from 5:00 to 5:20pm every day. This is the time when we stop whatever it is we are doing, put everything in it's place, and tidy up all the rooms. I will set the timer to see if we can get it done before the 20 minutes is up. It is more fun if it is a race. We will spend the rest of the weekend trying to tidy up and get ready to start our new schedule come Monday morning!

We also made a "Home repair/ Projects list" for Rob and I to work on this summer. The list is long, but do-able. We still have to decide whether to switch and redo Kolby's room. She really wants to move into our guest room because it is bigger and has high ceilings. She is tired of her garden themed room and wants something a little more pink and prissy. The problem is her room now has an attached bathroom and I love her garden stuff! The guest bathroom is the one closest to the living room and the more formal bathroom. It would be a challenge to keep it "company" clean with Kolby using it as hers. As much I love to paint and decorate, the thought of having to redo two bedrooms and bathrooms this summer makes me swoon! I am going to try to see if I can put Kolby off another year or figure something else out. We'll see!

I think this is going to be a great summer! As impulsive as I can be...I love having a plan! Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Looks like a great one! We will have to hold each other accountable. You will have to fill me in on Monday movie days.

SG said...

Eb (or any other area Mom) The Galaxy has kid movie fest during the summer on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10am & 12:15. For $1 per adult or child you get a small popcorn and you get to see a previously released movie. This next week is Fat Albert. The week after that is Cheaper by the Dozen. We had great fun going last year!

Mae said...

Y'all are making my head spin w/ all of the scheduling!!! I can see how it will be very beneficial, but holy cow ~ it's summer time!!! I'm doing good to get in one class a week (about half of what I should be doing) and keep up w/ fashion from Kelly Rippa. Ahh, Jimmy Choo may never be in my budget, but I can always dream! I know, I know it's all going to change, but I still have roughly 11 weeks and 3 days for that to happen. :)

SG, wall paper is better than nuttin'. Mundane can keep you from going insane...
Ok, I'm stopping I still have 23 thank you cards to write and 50 to address and get together before the next shower tomorrow afternoon. Baby steps to the stationary, baby steps to the pen, baby steps to potty cuz I got a baby using my bladder as a trampoline.

Really stopping this time. Buh-bye.

Serena Voss said...

Ah, yes .... I remember those days! I also enjoy it when I can fill in as the grandmother component to my kids' schedules with those precious grandchildren. And I still love free movie day!