Saturday, June 18, 2005

Duro's



We discovered a great new snack this week. Pasta para duros are these little wagon wheels that can be found in the dried area of our produce section. (This may just be a Hispanic thing unique to Texas, I don't know.) ANYWAY you pop a dozen or so of these in the microwave on a paper towel and heat on high for about 30 seconds. They puff up and become these cool chip like things. My kids love them! If you by the package on line it list 3 for $9.50. I bought a package in the grocery store for $2 something. If you can find them in bins like we did at HEB and WalMart, they are just 99cents a pound. We bought a huge bag full the other day for under a $1. Can't beat that! Just felt like sharing! Go see if you can find them in your produce section and tell me what you think! :)

1 comments:

elizabeth said...

We love duros! My mom used to get them for us b/c it was on one of her diets.