Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Susan!

Today one of my favorite people in the world celebrates her birthday! Susan Jenkins is another year older according to the calendar, but she is one of those young souls who never seems to age. A few years ago we lived in Fort Worth together. At first she was just a friend of a friend. Then somehow those friends moved and Susan and I found each other quickly becoming best friends. Funny how friendships grow that way.

I have often said I would never have survived my pregnancy with Rhett if it weren't for Susan. She put up with all my drama queen moments and we had so much fun together! Then me moved to Waco, and a year or so later they moved to Arkansas. But still I consider Susan one of my best friends. She is one of the first people I call when I have news, good, bad or just "juicy". My kids think of her and her kids as relatives and Rhett claims he is going to move to Arkansas when he grows up and live by his best buddy Jackson. Kolby used to say she would marry Jonathan but now that she is older and gets more of what that means she just says they will good friends and go to movies together! : ) And Mark and Rob...Well they are always so busy working we don't see them much!

My life is much richer because of my sweet friend Susan. I for one am very glad she was born ALL those years ago! Happy Birthday Susan! : )

PS I have not left my house since last Friday so your card in the mail will be a bit late!

1 comments:

Susan - said...

That was very sweet. Thank you.