Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Merry Little Christmas

We had a very merry little Christmas and I hope you did too! Here are some of the highlights.

Mama K & Papa gave Kolby and Rhett a trampoline! They have spent hours jumping each day and have even perfected a few flips!

We had our traditional Christmas Eve meal of enchiladas & tamales and did "the Christmas Tree" with my parents and sister on Saturday night.

Though I could not eat a bite of anything without turning green and running for the restroom, everyone else loved it all and we had a great time. Kolby told me earlier in the week that she didn't think she would help put out Santas cookies, but when the time came she was all about the cookies, milk and tomatoes for the reindeer! I guess she couldn't bare to not believe at least one more year! :) Santa delivered as usual!

Christmas morning my big family all met up at my parents for family church since our church didn't have a service that morning. I love having church on Christmas morning! It was a really neat thing for us and for the kids. When I was a little girl we used to have family church often during the holidays and at family reunions. I have great memories of my whole big family sitting around singing hyms and "having church." I hope our family will start doing this more when we have the occasion! We topped the day off with a huge Christmas Dinner (aka Thanksgiving part 2) and lots of games, talk and play. A good timewas had by all, and we all slept very well that night!


Monday Rob's folks came down and we had Christmas with them. Rhett and Kolby were sad not to see their cousin Drake but were thrilled to see Granma and Grandpa's little fur person, Muffin! We loved having them here. Rhett cried and cried when they left!

Rob is off this week from L-3 but has basketball games almost every day or night. The kids and I went to see Lion, Witch & The Wardrobe yesterday. We actually planned to see Chicken Little but it had moved on, so Kolby and Rhett talked me into Narnia. I still think Rhett was too young. He burried his head in my lap for a good half of the movie but Kolby loved every minute of it. She has talked alot about the differences in the book and the movie. Rhett says now that it really wasn't too scary and told his Daddy all about Aslan and how he died so that Edmund could stay alive. I guess he got more of it than I realized. CS Lewis really knew how to tell a story!

I have been battling the pukey pregnant thing the whole week but otherwise I feel much better. Probably won't be blogging too regularly until Rob goes back to work on the 2nd or until Kolby and Rhett start back on the 11th, but I hope you all have a great holiday and a very happy and safe NEW YEAR!!!

5 comments:

Donna G said...

Sounds like fun.

**My daughter dreamed I had a baby!!! I could turn pukey green just thinking about it!**

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're a little pukey but I hope that 2006 is just wonderful!

...and Donna - it's a sign that the daughter is giving you one of her babies!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jettybetty said...

I do hope you are over the pukey pregnant thing soon--and it sounds like you tried really hard not to let is mess up a really good Christmas for you!
BTW, my kids *believed* in Santa until they were about 10--I think they were afraid they wouldn't get as much stuff if they were not *believers*!!! :-)

Mae said...

The buicking stage really sux ~ I certainly hope that it will end very quickly for you and that you can really enjoy the pregnancy! Looks like K, R and the rest all had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.

What do you mean "I guess she couldn't bare to not believe at least one more year!"??? Believe what???