Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Party of Five

I have been writing this entry in my head for several weeks and am thrilled to share our news with you... We are having a baby! Shocked and surprised? Well we definitely were! But we are thrilled beyond words.

I found out almost a month ago but waited to tell you guys because my first doctor's appointment two weeks ago showed that I was three weeks behind where I thought I should be. ( I really had no idea of my dates and was just guessing.) After having a few miscarriages, any thing developmentally behind worries me. But we went today and saw a little peanut with a heart beat! Everything looks great and the doctor said I should expect a normal "boring" pregnancy! YEAH!

The kids have known for two weeks also and are so excited. Kolby talks about it all the time and quizzes me on eating healthy for baby. She has even told me to go to bed a few nights "because the baby needs lots of rest." She is so sweet! Of course Rhett wants it to be a boy (named "Brett" by the way :) and Kolby wants a girl. But Kolby said the other day she wouldn't mind another brother as long as it is a healthy baby.

Rob and I really don't care if it's a boy or girl. At first I was leaning towards wanting a girl, but I think a boy would be fun too because I have never been around brothers and my boy stuff is the newer stuff... Of course I still have a few cartons of baby girl clothes saved from Kolby that are stinking cute... So as long as it is a healthy baby I truly don't care girl or boy.

One of the most fun and exciting things about being pregnant this time around is sharing it with Kolby and Rhett. Kolby was only 3 1/2 when Rhett was born so I don't think she really got it. But she will be 8 1/2 (the age I was when my sister was born) when this baby is born and she is so into babies!

As I said, Rob and I are thrilled but I'm not sure it has sunk in yet. I am going to be 40 with a 3 1/2 year old!!!! WOW! We have also joked about this being financial suicide, loosing the guest room, and not having any baby stuff left over because I got rid of most of it when we decided we were done... But really, all that talk pales in comparison to the excitement and gratitude we feel. I always wanted more than two children even though we said we were done, so this is just the biggest blessing! I am so happy to know that I get to feel a little baby growing inside me one last time.

We all plan to enjoy every second of this pregnancy! Even the sickness, which I have been battling! But it is different this time because each time I puke I think that that is just a sign that my hormones are doing exactly what they need to do for the baby and I am actually grateful. Happy to be puking... CRAZY!!! I know!

Today we got a due date of July 22, 2006. So even though it is way early in the game, I wanted to go ahead and share this good news with all of you. I would appreciate your prayers for this baby and this pregnancy. I am just so excited and happy about this all! I'm sure I will be gushing about it for months, so I will stop now.

We're having a baby!

25 comments:

Susan - said...

I am glad the cat is out of the bag. I am so excited for you!

stuckinthe80s said...

YES!!!!! Start working on that zone defense...

Beaner said...

OK - I'm literally crying here! Congrats!!! I remember a post you had a while back that a bunch of us commented on talking about how sad it was that we were "done". I think I'm a bit jealous right now. Too many people I know are having babies again & there's a part of me that wants in on it too!!! I'm really happy for you guys & I will be following every step of your adventure with lots of prayers!!!

SG said...

Thanks Chris and SJ!
And Beaner your comment means so much to me because yes, we have talked about this before. I even went back and referenced that post. Thank you for all your sweet words. Rob and I had decided a year ago to try but nothing happened so we gave up. I was on fertility with Rhett and we didn't want to go there again. So after this summer we decided that was it. Story over. Case closed. We were really done. Evidentally (and thankfully) God had other plans and we are thrilled, if not a little shocked still. I know the decision is personal and different for everyone, but we are really happy how things are turning out for us!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

YEA! I can finally open my big mouth!!!! We've been so excited. Please keep us updated! Love you--been praying and will continue!

Donna G said...

That is so great! I knew you weren't feeling quite "complete". I am so happy for you all.

Jenni said...

Congrats!!! Looking forward to hearing all you are able to/want to share with us in blogworld!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! How exciting!!! I will keep you in my prayers. Carol P.

PS Look at me... no more lurking!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for y'all! You know I was thru having kids too, sold all our baby stuff and got pregnant with TWINS!!!! You never know...we haven't had a set at Crestview in a while, it's time.

SG said...

Laura, I have thought of you having twins several times over the last few weeks and I made sure to ask if there was more than one. Nope, only one! :)

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Congatulations to you and your family. You are exactly right about it being so wonderful to share this experience with your other kids. Haleigh, my oldest daughter was 5 1/2 yrs. old when we brought Heather, our youngest daughter home. Haleigh was old enough to help paint the new nursery and help me pack and pick out baby stuff. Best wishes to you.
Your friend, Jana

Jacinda said...

Wow! Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Mae said...

KNOCK ME DOWN W/ A FEATHER!!!! H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P (spell that out, the baby can hear you!)!!! THAT'S GGGGRRREAT!!!! Seriously? For real? Holy Moses... #3???

Ok, so when you said, "GO READ MY BLOG!!!" you really meant it. Great news for you all. Congrats! I think I feel symapthy morning sickness for you.

I'm more than willing to loan out any cutsie girl stuff you need. :)

Hoots Musings said...

20 years ago, I too found out I was pregnant and I had a 9 month old. I whined and moaned about it, until a lady at my church; who could not have children sat me down, telling me this baby was a gift from God and a blessing.

She is a huge blessing, and there is something so special about the last one. God Bless you and I look forward to reading about your pregnancy and birth of your new little one!

Anonymous said...

NO YOU ARE NOT!!!! That is the first thing that went through my head!

Congratulations! Send me your address so I can crochet the new baby a cap!

elizabeth said...

Yeah! I think I am finally over my shock! He/She will have such a fun class of friends including little nephew James!

Chris said...

WOWOWOWOW! Congratulations!

judy thomas said...

Three is a perfect number. Just ask BST. Congratulations!

Clarissa said...

Bless you! I guess I probably won't be meeting you at ZOE next year after all because you'll be at home with a brand new BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, blog-sister ...

Darren Duvall said...

Been at 3 for nearly 4 years now, it's not that bad. You mainly go from playing man-to-man defense with the kids to playing zone.

Much congratulations, Steph, we're very happy for you & Rob and the kids.

Beaner said...

Just re-read your 'He's Always Been Faithful' post with the newfound knowledge in hand. "God has been faithful. He will be again." Be blessed today!

elizabeth said...

Let's just hope that he/she is one week late so it can have my birthday!

You wouldn't mind being overdue at the end of July, would you?

SG said...

I love heaaring from you all. Lauren I thought about you just the other day! I'm glad you had a baby boy...one of each is so fun!

I've gotten a few "Are you CRAZY?" responses but mostly just surprised and happy reactions. It's been really fun. Thanks for all the comments. Maybe I'll print all these out and make a scrapbook page of them for the new baby.... if only I can remember how to scrapbook! Still feeling tired, pukey and happy!

Amy S. Grant said...

Congratulations!! I'm thrilled for your family. Three is a great number. You're other two will really enjoy all this baby adventure - they're at great ages to really get into it.
I wish you a healthy pregnancy, and no more puking!

Kelley said...

Cograds and we will be praying. My husband was born when his mom was 40. They were NOT planning him! His brother was 14, a sister 16 and a sister 19. The nineteen year old sister was also pregnant! So mother and daughter were pregnant at the same time. Bizarre. But praise God for this unexpected pregancy. My husband has grown up to be a leader at work, at church and within his family. God has big plans for this new baby and you get to be witness to it all! Praying for good health and enjoyable anticipation.