Thursday, December 22, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Like my friend Elizabeth, I think this will be my last pre-Christmas post. I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas! Wish I could have you all over for a big Christmas Party!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Unwrapped, unpackaged, and fully assembled with a big red bow on top!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on both.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Would if I had some, but never have.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Ideally, the day after Thanksgiving, but it's usually at least a week long process.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sausage balls, Sweet & Hot over Cream Cheese with Wheat Thins and White ChocolateChristmas tree pretzels with M&M ornaments!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going to Coleman or Waco or whereever the whole family was gathering, opening presents on Christmas Eve, sleeping on the couch bed with my cousins while telling stories and scratching backs!.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember if I ever truly bought into the whole Santa thing and that makes me sad. My mother didn't want to lie to me so she always just said Santa was a symbol of all the good will and generosity in Christmas.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open them all on Christmas Eve but what Santa brings the next morning. We usually do this after a Mexican food feast of tamales or enchiladas, while sipping hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music. maybe that is why as a child I loved Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day!

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Whatever is in the house...some years he gets pretzels. Kolby insists on putting out tomatoes for the reindeer.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! But this is Texas!

12. Can you ice skate? I could 16 years ago but I'm not sure about now!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Several! An Atari one year. A private phone line in my room with WHY-STEF (949-7833) as the phone number another year. When I was really little I got the Donny & Marie playstage and dolls and loved it. In fact, I think I still have it in the attic!!!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being thankful, being together, giving.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumkin Chiffon Pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I used to love to go carroling when I was young and hope to do that with my kids one of these years. I love to drive around and look at lights with my family. I also love turning out all the lights in the house but the Christmas Tree and the fire place fire, reading from the "book of Christmas," listening to Christmas musi, and snuggling!

17. What tops your tree? A Gold star that Rob and I bought on our honeymoon from the Holland store at Epcot. I love this star.It is one of my favorite Christmas decorations!

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? this moment? This one on the net is cute. I love the Celine Dion Christmas Album! But my favorite carol is any one that my kids sing when they don't know I am listening!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Rhett loves big candy canes and somehow started a tradition of putting them all over our Christmas tree! Kolby and I like the little ones that we can dissolve in our hot chocolate... Yum!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! Talk to you when you're back in blogworld!