Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Recap



What a fun LONG weekend!

Our Easter weekend started last Thursday when both kids were out of school. We went to the park for breakfast, ran a few erands, and the kids went swimming with neighbors next door. I started some big projects for Kolby's new room and when Rob got home he helped me until bedtime.

Friday we ran around town with my Mom, went to Wal-Mart with the rest of Central Texas (PS never go to Wal-mart on Good Friday!) and then Rob took Rhett swimming while Kolby and I ran to get her haircut. It is so cute! Kolby says she feels like a different person : ) We then ate out and made a family trip to Target.

Saturday it was work, work, work, all over the house and yard. The kids played outside all morning and went swimming most of the afternoon next door. Despite SPF 45 both came home looking like Lobsters! Kolby's Scalp was even sun burned! It was a very,very late night for me and the Easter Bunny Saturday night!

Sunday was a great day! I woke up to a phone call telling me that baby James had arrived! What a perfect start to Easter! (He looks to be a real cutie from the 100 pictures or so that Elizabeth has uploaded!) Hope to meet him soon. It has been so fun to watch Lauren in all the stages of pregnancy. She and Josh are going to be great parents!

The kids loved their Easter Basket breakfast! Rhett kept saying "I love Easter!" Kolby was so excited to wear her new Easter dress and shoes! Rhett wasn't excited about his duds at all, but he didn't gripe too much. My mom came over to help me with some of my dishes for Easter dinner and we were still early to church. It's a very good Sunday when our family is seated before church starts! Church was packed! Jim did a great job. I love singing, even really old songs, when there is a full house.
All the little cousins were there except little Susannah who was just released from the hospital after fighting a horrible stomach bug since Wednesday! Poor baby girl had to have an IV for a few days to get past the bug. But she is much better and even joined us for a little Easter yesterday.

Lunch was at my Mom's house. We had ham, super duper potatoes, summer salad, fat green beans, maccaroni-n-cheese, fresh cantaloupe, deviled eggs, yeast rolls, and Key Lime pie! It was all so good and so fun to share with the whole big family! It was also Maria's birthday so we had cake and presents too. Our house was the scene of the big Easter egg hunt. My kids favorite part is smashing confetti eggs on each other's heads after all the candy filled eggs have been found. Then it was playing, naps, tv, and girl talk for the rest of our very lazy afternoon. A great family Easter! We missed Sari who is working in New York City this week. It is hard for me to pity someone who is in New York City...even when they miss Easter! But we still missed her! :)

The kids were bathed and in bed by 8:15 and my light was out at 9pm. That never happens anymore! We had a great Easter and are looking forward to the next busy 6 weeks until school is out. WOW! Just six weeks! I know it will go so fast then just seven weeks until the baby is due! AND that is if I go to my due date, which I have never done. So I guess I better get going if I am going to get all the items scratched off my "things to do before the baby gets here" list! Hope you had a great Easter! Happy Spring!

11 comments:

Jacinda said...

Glad you had a good weekend!

Amy S. Grant said...

What a fun weekend! Are you & Elizabeth related? It looked like ME in the cousin picture.

Can't wait to see pics of Kolby's room when you get it done!

elizabeth said...

No, Amy, just good friends. The funny thing it that the little girl who you are referring to has an older brother who was constantly confused with my Thomas when Thomas's hair was longer!

Hoots Musings said...

Thank you for allowing me to go back to memory lane through your blog. Savor every sec, every moment.

Anonymous said...

Hey stranger! It's Lex Ann! I don't have my own personal blog, but have been reading yours for several months now! I just haven't taken the time to write. Aubrie(12) was asking who Kolby was and I told her all about the Southlake "babies" born within weeks of each other! Tell Rob hi and I'll try to comment more! Morgan is 11 and Hayden is 8! We are back in Abilene and Derek is coaching at ACU. Love your stories!
Lex

MDM said...

That all looks just too fun, Sg!! How blessed you are with all those cousins for your kids to grow up with. I hope my girls cross paths with your people at ACU someday!!

Donna G said...

I looked at the pictures before I read the post and was going to ask about Kolby's sunburn. Bless her heart!

Sounds like you all had a great weekend though!

SG said...

Hey LexAnn! Great to hear from you! I read something about Aubry on Chris Campbell's blog not long ago and couldn't believe she was of the age to have a "ring tone" YIKES! In my mind she is five or six and Hayden is a toddler!

MDM ~ I am almost certian some of these if not all of these kids are destined to be Wildcats!

Yes DJG, I feel I have failed the Mommy sunscreen test yet again! Kolby burns so easily! She even had to wear a hat when she went outside yesterday becasue her scalp is blistered!

Anonymous said...

SG--- It's lex ann again. Funny thing about Aubrie's ringtone. Derek let her use our old Keller phone until our contract was up! ha ha She was so upset when it was shut off in Feb! She wishes she had a cell phone. I'm still holding out on that one! ha
We went swimming at Grandpa's sat and Hayden was red also, no matter how many times I re-applied!!!

Susie said...

LOL! It must have just been that kind of a weekend, then, because I put 30 on my kids, reapplied and everything--and two out of three of them burned. John & I did, too.

What a nice weekend you all had! Make sure and print all these stories out--they will be worth their weight in gold someday! : )

Susan - said...

Hey Lex Ann, heard you were back in Abilene. I can't believe all those Southlake babies are 8-years-old already. Start a blog, I'm sure you have lots of stories.

Steph - love Kolby's dress!