Thursday, April 27, 2006

This week

I have been wanting to post since Monday to say that all is well and we are having a great week. I usually love Mondays. Really. Anyway nothing else has broken so far, so I think we may have lost the Gremlin. I have been so busy running around this week that I haven't had time to blog, check e-mail or anything!

A few quick updates.
~Rhett and Rob had their second t-ball game Monday night and it was really fun. The weather was perfect and the kids are such a blast to watch. Our team loves to bat! The outfield is another story, but I think that is how it always goes.
Rhett hit this one out of the park!

~Tuesday I ran all day long! I can't even remember what I did but, I was not at home at all. We met Rob at Rosa's for dinner (Taco Tuesday you know!) and afterwards I got stuck in a hail storm coming back from my 5th trip to Wal-Mart that day.

~Teacher Appreciation week is next week at Kolby's school. I have been super busy getting ready for that. We have a different event planned for each day. I'll post more about that later. I think it will be very fun for everyone, but there is a lot of prep work!

~Wednesday...Wednesday is always the longest day of the week for me. Rhett and I left the house at 10am and I didn't stop running until 8:30 that night. We ran errands, shopped at Wal Mart, ate lunch in the car, got teacher gifts for Kolby's Baylor teachers, took Kolby to Baylor, went to a store downtown, dropped Rhett off with his cousin Justin, went to an hour long end-of-the-year conference for Kolby at Baylor, picked up Kolby, picked Rhett up, went to the grocery store, came home to make part of a dinner for a friend who just had a baby, sent the kids to church with my parents, took the meal to my friend, met my family at church to eat, ran to my classroom early to do my lesson, taught class, and finally came home! Yeah, that was Wednesday.

~Today went at about the same crazy busy pace. Tonight we are eating out with my parents and sister, so it should be a calm night.

~Kolby's room is coming along well. I have two or three more projects to finish before the decor is done.After that we will slowly tackle the closet and move her in. I haven't taken pictures yet, but will soon. Kolby LOVES her new room so far! She can't wait to be in there all the time.

~My Mom is going to get the bumper pads for the babies room next week when she is in Austin. We are going to make the rest of the bedding and things for the room. Actually Mom will make it and I will help pick out the material. I really need to learn how to sew. But when would I do that?

~Rob pulled the baby bed and changing table down out of the attic last weekend. Both need a fresh coat of paint, but after that, they should be good to go. The baby bed I used for my kids is the baby bed my grandmother bought for my parents when they were expecting me! It has been home to at least five babies in my family. I am so glad that all my kids get to use my baby bed and that my grandmother had the forsight to invest in a really good bed! I'm ready to get this nursery put together. I just have 12 more weeks! :)

~Some old pregnancy friends have come to visit several times this week. Their names are Braxton Hicks and Heart Burn. I now carry TUMs with me where ever I go. It is not unusual for my tummy to get as hard as a bowling ball for no apparent reason. . Besides that, all is well, and if movement is any indicator, this baby is doing great! Rhett has been very intrigued with my dancing belly. The kids are really enjoying this phase of the pregnancy, except for Mommy being really pooped at the end of the day.

~People who swore I didn't look pregnant at 20 weeks, are now, at 28 weeks,asking if I am having twins. Seriously. It is hard to imagine how big this belly will be 12 weeks from now!!! But, I knew that would happen. I always get HUGE when pregnant. I am so happy to be pregnant, and yet at the same time, so happy that this is the last time I will ever be pregnant! Closure is a good thing.

That's all for now. Need to give a spelling test. ONLY FIVE MORE SPELLING TEST UNTIL SUMMER! I'm not sure who is happier about that, me or Kolby! Have a great weekend blog world!

6 comments:

Susie said...

LOL--someone else like me who is counting down the weeks until the end of school! Won't it be nice?

: )
I remember when I was pregnant with Malachi and being so happy to be pregnant. It's a real blessing.

But OH! I remember those Braxton-Hicks contractions. No fun! I think I read somewhere that drinking lots of water helps reduce those. I don't know if that's an old wives tale or not, but it might be worth a try. : )

Beaner said...

I just woke up, read this, and now I think I need to go back to bed because I'm exhausted just reading about it all! How do you do it all AND while pregnant? You must be great at organization!

Susan - said...

You have got to slow down girl. I know you won't, but I feel better for saying it. :)

Amy S. Grant said...

Five trips to Wal Mart in one day, that pretty much sums it up (whew)!

Love the pics. Looks like you've got quite a little slugger there!

Donna G said...

Hope your weekend is great as well!!

Mae said...

Bless...

All your PTO stuff makes me wish I worked in an elementary school where a majority of the parents still cared. Instead of praised and adoration I was accused of letting my children sell and take drugs this week. Yeah, isn't that realistic?

Only 12 more weeks??? Man, this pregnancy has flown by!!!