Friday, April 07, 2006

Where did the week go?

Seems like this week has flown by! It has been a busy one. A fun one too! I went to lunch with a good friend this week and then got to go to ladies night at church and B&N with some of my favorite girlfriends last night. We have been on the go and eaten out almost every night. (I so love eating out!) Tonight we are grillin' and chillin' at home! Ahh the weekend!

I also went to the doctor Tuesday. All is well. Bladder is back in action. All is normal. Being pregnant at 36 is a bit harder than it was at 28, but I guess that is to be expected. I had the big "tubal talk" with Dr. R. I was surprised that he kind of tried to talk me out of it. Since I am 36 with 3 kids I assumed it was a no brainer. But after listening to him, and talking to different people, I may wait. Anyone have tubal opinions?

This has also been a heavy PTA week for me. We had the monthly birthday celebration Thursday. We did "Easter Sundaes" in the teachers lounge and I carted half my house up there to decorate! I love doing these monthly events and have so much fun pulling them all together. But am also very glad that it is someone else's turn next year! We had our last "at school" PTA board meeting this morning. Hard to believe there are only 7 more weeks of school! Afterwards I spent most of the day writing e-mails, planning, and trying to budget for Teacher Appreciation Week which is May 1st-5th here. (The rest of the Nation is celebrating it the next week~ Don't know why we are doing it early!)

Now I have about 15 loads of laundry to do and there is still that matter of pulling Kolby's new room together. We painted and moved lots of things out of the room last wekend, but that is as far as we have gotten. I hope to get lots done in the next week but with Easter, and Easter parties upon us, I'm not sure what we will actually be able to accomplish. This is our last T-ball free weekend for quite a while, so I need to get a lot done!

Nothing too earth shattering or thought provoking going on here, but I felt I had to check in and say "Hi" to all my buds in blogland. Now I am off to read what you guys have been doing this week before goingto get Kolby at school. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Donna G said...

had tubes tied after #2...I would highly recommend it!

Clarissa said...

Had tubes tied with Chloe -- it has caused all kinds of female problems for me, personally, due to hormone shifts that occur in a small percentage women when this procedure is done. Lucky me, I'm in that small percentage. I've had two surgeries as a result, so far.

Amy S. Grant said...

Sounds like a great and fun filled week! I always enjoy reading about all your expeditions. Don't know how you get it all done as pregnant as you are!

Susan - said...

You know how I felt about it for myself. And as we know surprises can happen.

Beaner said...

VASECTOMY!!!!! It's Rob's turn to 'take one for the team' - you've had YOUR body messed with 3 times now!!!

I've heard too many horror stories of tubal's - people who later needed a hysterectomy. I'm sorry to be sooo negative, but I really feel strongly that Rob should just get "snipped".

elizabeth said...

Perhaps you should talk to Rob about abstinence? ;)

Susan - said...

I feel the need to clarify, although you probably already know this. Mark and I made a deal before Jackson was born. If I had a C-section, I'd get my tubes tied at the same time. If Jackson was born VBAC, Mark would have to get "snipped".
Is this a question of who gets a procedure, or whether to get a procedure at all?

SG said...

I feel a bit exposed and a little seedy talking about my tubes on the net and all...

I guess I just thought the tubal thing was a quick nip, tuck, in, out, no-big-deal sorta thing. Since I am going to be in the hospital anyway, just save the co-pay and get it all done at once. But I have never had a c-section and don't plan to this time so they have to do the tubal the the day after I deliver and it is another surgery. Dr R said it would make me very sore and make my post delivery recovery much harder. So now I am thinking I will either go back later and do it, do the 5 year thing, or maybe let it be Rob's turn. But I will do something! I know a 49 year old women who thought she was past the point of having babies and stopped her birth control... she is due anyday now with TWIN boys! Her daughters age 18 and 20 don't think is is very funny either!

jettybetty said...

I vote with Beaner...for what it's worth!

Susie said...

Well, it truly is your body and your decision, but since you asked . . .

Put me in the party that says Rob should have the procedure. I actually had 3 C-sections, so I could have had my tubes tied (and grandma is wailing that I didn't), but I did some research, and was kind of against messing with something that wasn't broken. Y'know? For me, there were other methods.