Monday, April 03, 2006

In the pink...

This weekend much time was devoted to painting the pale yellow walls of the guest bedroom PINK! China Aster Pink to be exact. It's really pink now. It glows! Hoping once we get everything in there it won't feel so...., so...., so.... PINK! BUT Kolby loves it.! She has wanted a pink room for a few years now.

When I was a little girl, pink was my favorite color too! I used to tell my Mom (who by the way never painted my room pink) that I wanted to live in a pink house with pink carpet and drive a pink car. That idea has lost it's appeal over the years. But because pink is one of my favorite colors still (note the predominate color of this blog) I guess I understand Kolby's desire for an all pink room!

Besides turning the walls pink, a friend and I took the kids and four of their friends to Burger King and then to see Dennis Lee and Nana Puddin' at our church Friday night. Mr. Lee does a great show! He also goes to Kolby's school every year but the church show is better to me because he actually gets to talk about God and Jesus. Mr Lee is 42 and single. My Mom has been plotting to set him up with the principal at her school who is about that age for a year now. He seems like such a nice guy! As fun as the night was I'm going to go ahead and say right now... I never want to have 6 kids! It was a little overwhelming. But a good time was had by all...

And where was Rob Friday night? Glad you asked. My husband was with my three cousins (two in-laws) and two friends playing in a Baylor DODGE BALL TOURNAMENT! They entered in the over 26 age bracket. Apparently there were not any men that age brave enough to face them, so they moved our guys down with the 18 - 25 group of college kids. AND THEY WON THE WHOLE THING! We have laughed and laughed about it! They had a blast and I'm afraid are now hooked and looking for another chance to prove themselves as dodge ball champions. These guys really do have fun... But next weekend, they get the kids.

Saturday was spent painting (Ok that was Rob because he wouldn't let me stay in the fume-filled room) running errands and going to birthday parties. Ms. Birthday Party (aka Kolby) had two that day. Saturday night was her cousin Samantha's all girl pajama party. (Ended at 8pm. No sleep-over. Ashley's a smart woman!) Sari and I (and all the girls in the family) went to help out and paint nails and such. We had a great time and ended up going out to eat with everyone afterwards at a new favorite burger joint in China Spring called ZEBS. If you live near Waco you need to make the drive to try Zebs. Meanwhile, Rob and Rhett went to watch the basket ball game and have a Star Wars video game night with cousins Robby & Justin. We were all tuckered out and in bed by 10pm, the old time.

Which brings me to the question of the week. WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME???????????? Yesterday wasn't so bad, but Kolby was so tired going to school this morning. I always feel for teachers and kids the week after Day-light savings time starts. It is so hard on the little ones! AND it is now dark in the mornings, again. I am much happier waking up when the sun does, not before!

Besides that, the only down side to the weekend is that I think I have a bladder infection (fever, back ache, burn etc.~ooops oversharing! ) and of course my ankles were a no show the whole time. But on the positve side of the pre-natal spectrum... Baby girl is becoming more active every day. I love feeling her move and kick around in there. I sorta wish, like Tom Cruise and Katy Helms, I had a sonogram machine at home so I could see what she is doing in there. I mean really! Does she have hiccups or is she just spasticly kicking for no reason? Either way, to feel this little life moving around in my belly is funky, weird, and wonderful all at the same time!

Happy Monday everyone!

5 comments:

Donna G said...

ahhh, but once I catch up on that hour of sleep, I LOVE having daylight when I get off work! I love to be outside before it gets so HOT!!

I feel for your ankles, Diana's are finally starting to re-appear!

Susan - said...

I agree with you about Daylight Savings Time. It is so pointless and Jonathan was grouchyy this morning too.
Jackson had the hiccups often after he was born and I recognized the rythm as what I had been feeling him do in my belly.

Amy S. Grant said...

Still over here laughing at the dodge ball. Wish I could have seen that!

elizabeth said...

I agree with you about DST. I can't get the kids to sleep when it is light outside and they are tired in the morning when it is dark!

BTW-Need some Bactrim? I have loads and loads!

Susie said...

How neat! If I were a single woman, I'd still have a pink room. (I'm not ready to trade my beloved husband in, though!)

Poor you! Bladder infections are NO fun. Hope you feel better soon!

I don't know, I'm kind of torn. I don't mind DST until it comes time to remember to set the clocks or be late/early--and until I have to reset just about every clock in the house. Pain in the hiney!