Sunday, November 04, 2007

Old dogs and New tricks

I am once again a Mac owner. 

I think (hope and pray!) I will  like it once I get used it... I'm just wondering how many years that will take! I am having to learn news ways of doing those little thing that were second nature on the old computer.  Blogging is a bit of challenge. However, I did change my template pretty easily today. But I just learned that there is no Picasa for Mac. I am heart broken. I loved editing, storing, uploading and ordering my pictures through Picasa. I do not know how I will do any of that, but I am sure I will soon learn. Macs have Iphoto but it does not do all the things Picasa did.  

I'm starting to wonder if we are ready to be a Mac family again. Nine years ago we gave our Mac to church and bought a Gateway because I wanted to get on the Internet and be able to do more with more software. Hopefully Mac has caught up with Micrsoft so I won't feel tempted to send it bak and buy a Dell.  I know Mac are supposed to be great. PC's crash and have tons of issues but most (free)software is made for a PC.  If I can just get my pictures to upload to be printed and figure out how to write the school newsletter on this new computer, I think I will feel much better. Any PC turned Mac users out there who have advice? 

In the mean time I am working on catching up after weeks of no or rare Internet service.  Last Monday there was an open house at Kolby and Rhett's school.  
My parents and sister went with us to see the kids classrooms, meet their teachers and oohh and aaahh over their work. 
Kolby and Rhett both entered pumpkins in the Library "Tour America" themed pumpkin decorating contest. All the entries had to be decorated like a famous landmark, person, motto or state theme. We really enjoyed seeing all pumpkins in the library Monday night. 
Rhett and I decorated his pumpkin to look like the Liberty Bell. 
Kolby and I used mini pumpkins, grey spray paint, and lots of "Great Stuff" spray insulation to make "Mt Rushmore."  It turned out cute. (If you ever use "Great Stuff' in any of your projects, be sure to heed the advice on the bottle and wear gloves. I didn't and I am still peeling layers of "stuff" off my fingers!) 
The kids and I learned a lot about the focus of each project. For instance, did you know that there is a scripture on the Liberty Bell? And that Mt. Rushmore was never finished?  I love how the librarian at Kolby's school always has such fun and creative educational idea!

Well that's all the updating I have time for now. We are sort of in a home improvement phase. The wall paper in my bathroom has been stripped to the sheet rock and I am about to go pull all the wall paper down from the entry way.  This place is a mess. 

My plate feels full and maybe a bit heavy right now. Wish I could learn the trick of being able to balance it all effortlessly! This week I will be trying to learn my new computer, get several home projects completed, keep up with our usual full schedule, attend at least part of a three day/night marriage seminar our church is sponsoring and... did I mention Kolby has fever and a soar throat? Yeah. It is one of those weeks! 

Hope you all have a great week! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"A change will do you good" to quote Sheryl Crow.

Anonymous said...

You sound busy! I have never tackled wallpaper in all of my decorating, so you will have to let me know how your project goes. Are you going to texture the wall and then paint or are you going to re-wallpaper? You always have great ideas on how to do things, so I would love to know what you are going to do. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That was my comment above.

Meredith

SG said...

Sari,
Wish you were here to help me as I am about to send this thing back!!! GGGRRRRR!

Mer,
As I am no fan of wall paper, I am taking all the wall paper down and having a man come texture for me. I tried texturing myself once, but it did not go so well. We are painting the bathroom a darker shade of the mocoa color in our bedroom. Also hoping to redo the mirrors with molding, change out all the hardware to brushed nickel and put in tile floors. The entry way is just going to get a coat of paint... not sure what color I will go with. I'm also on the verge of a big kitchen re-do. If only there was more time in the day and money in the bank account!