Monday, November 19, 2007

Yeah! It's Monday!

So we survived. We had the appraisal. It went well. The man said our house would have no problem appraising for what we wanted.  I was way over anxious about the whole "inspect and take pictures part." 


We almost finished the bathroom (pictures will follow when it is COMPLETELY done.) Of course I had about 20 more things I wanted get done on my list of to do's, but that is not too unusual these days. I was whining about not getting everything on my list done more often than not in front of my Dad a few nights ago. He wisely said "Make shorter lists." Hmmm? Could it really be that simple? Food for thought...

Anyway my house is clean, which is always a good going into the holiday season. I think we will try to get the Christmas tree up this weekend.  I can not for the life of me get into the Christmas spirit! Maybe it is because it is still in the high 70s or 80s most days? And I have not bought a single present? In fact I don't even have a list!  To cure myself of the "bah hum-bugs",this week I plan to start playing Christmas music, watch It's a Wonderful Life and buy at least four Christmas presents. I am really excited (maybe a  bit scared?) about how Ella Kate will react to all the Christmas decorations! One of her new favorite things is to say "ooohhh!" or even "oh Owe!"  (oh wow) She is at such a fun age! 

OK a fun age, but she is seriously making her guardian angel work over time!  I have looked up to find her near the street in our front yard several times lately. She loves to climb up and dance on top of the kitchen table when we look away. She puts everything in her mouth... still! It's a challenge to keep up with her. 

The other day I searched the house and after 20 minutes of not finding EK almost called 911 thinking she had been abducted.  The doors to Rhett's and Kolby's rooms were closed so I did not think she was in there, but finally I looked anyway. The first run through in Rhett's room I did not see or hear anything. But the next time (with tears streaming) I paused from screaming out her name in panic mode long enough to hear a rustle of the sheets in the tent that covers the top bunk.  When I ripped the flap back, there she was and she died laughing! I was so glad to find her I just started crying and laughing and scolding all at the same time. She thought I was a wacko!  

Ella Kate is a hider and I am her favorite though unwilling seeker. We have repeated this 'game' imany times. A few times I have been in sheer terror/ panic mode before finding her. I hope to learn all her favorite hiding places before I have a coronary. Motherhood is not for the faint of heart! 

The kids get out tomorrow for THANKSGIVING!  YEAH!  We have much to be thankful for this year. I am a blessed woman. I love that there is a holiday made just for being thankful! Hope you all have a large serving of gratitude along with your turkey, football and (if you are crazy enough to brave the "black Friday crowds") shopping! 

5 comments:

mom23 said...

Wait! Are you selling your house? Why?

And a big Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

SG said...

No, just refinancing!:)

Mae said...

i'm tired just from reading about your remodeling and motergin adventures. do you ever just sit and breathe? :) happy day of thaks!

Beaner said...

One time I was at the park with my kids. We just finished crossing a little bridge over the water & I had turned around to say something to Nick who was behind me. When I turned back around, Jess was gone! My mind raced as I searched the water around me for a ripple. No ripple - did I hear a splash??? WHERE could she have disappeared to so quickly. Then, up ahead, behind a tree, comes a giggling little face. I'm seriously thankful that I didn't kill her on the spot!!!!

Have a Blessed Holiday!!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah Steph! Yall did such a great job :)