Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tips for a Tuesday

If you are painting a wall a dark color and have light colored flooring, use a drop cloth.

No matter how good an idea it seems at 2am, it is not wise to mix old and new paints to come up with your own "custom color." This especially true if you neglected to mix enough to finish the room... and then forgot exactly how much of each color you added. FTL! (for the love for any not familar with vintage BST blog speak)

If you decide to use the electric sander to sand all the cabinets and trim in your bathroom, wear a mask or, be prepared to have your lungs sting.

It is possible to spray paint a ceiling fan and have it not look like you spray painted a ceiling fan.

Measure twice, cut once.

Buy extra molding. It saves on trips to Home Depot if you neglect that last tip.

If the biggest problem you have in a day concerns remodeling your bathroom, shut up and be grateful.

If you are near a HEB grocery store, you HAVE to try the Homestyle two-bite Pumpkin Walnut Scones. The Orange Cranberry ones are equally drool inducing, but I have a thing for pumpkin this time of year.

If you have a scone recipe that you like, pass it it along to me and I just might send you a prize! Really! Kolby and Rhett are into scones because of the orange scones from Panera Bread, but I'm a scone making virgin... so to speak.

I love this song. Hope you do to...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the scones at HEB! Have you tried the toffee ones? Heaven!

Good luck with your project! Mer

mom23 said...

Need pictures!

SG said...

I will be proudly posting pictures the minute I am finished... Will that day ever come? :)

I'm serious about the scone recipe! Prizes are fun!

Susan - said...

My boys love the scones from Pass Your Plate. They have chocolate chip, cinnamon, and blueberry. I should learn to make them too.

Once again, I am wish for an HEB here.