Friday, November 19, 2004

Gymboree Shoppers Anon.

My name is Stephanie and I have an addiction to Gymboree clothing for my daughter.

HI Stephanie!
It all started 7 years ago when I was pregnant. My friend Kristi, a fellow G addict, introduced me to Gymboree during a routine mall outing. I had never seen clothes and accessories so cute. As fate would have it, I had a girl. As everyone knows Gymboree has master girl clothes designers who stop at nothing to pry every penny out of you pocket book.

And dad gum it, the clothes wear so well and last so long. In a time when most clothes designers think 5 year olds should wear shirts that barely cover their bellies, jeans that ride so low they fall down, and glittery phrases like "Diva" and "Goddess" across their chest, Gymboree has stayed faithful to the throngs of Moms who want clothes that will go from the play ground to the class room. Kid clothes designed for, er well, kids..what a concept!

A few years ago the Gymboree execs took stupid pills and fired their designers. Baby Gap quickly hired them. For two years we were a Gap family. But the stupid pills wore off and Gymboree rehired to Michael Angelos of kiddy feminine design. Gymboree emerged from the "ugly days" in one season and returned to it's former glory. I too returned to the store where Gymbo is King and mini TVs and rocking chairs adorn the sale section towards the back. Who hasn't enjoyed a stirring round of "We're going to the Zoo today" while combing over the clearance rack?


We thought that eventually Kolby would out grow Gymboree clothes. Then just last year,when we were only two short years away from maxxing out on the Gymboree size chart, those cunning clothiers added sizes 9 -12 to the line up! Brilliant! My husband tried to help by moving us away from the metoplex and the plethora of Gym stores. Again, the Gymboree geniuses were a step ahead. A Gymboree store opened in the Waco mall 9 months prior to our move. Then there is the internet. Now Gymboree comes to me. I can shop in my PJs any time, day or night.

But still I love visiting the store. When Pamela, the Waco store manager, had a baby last summer, I was invited to the baby shower. Outside of the store, I have no connection to her but I feel like one of the gymboree family. I am a champion Gymbuck shopper and a Gymboree Circle of Friends life time member. I know I need help.

But alas it's a "Circle of Friends" weekend and there are adorable new lines to choose from. Ladies, rev up the charge cards and start your shopping!

For a 30% off now through Sunday coupon, click here.

SADLY, THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTISEMENT FOR GYMBOREE, JUST THE CRIES OF A MOM IN NEED OF SOME HELP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY FUNNY!!!!
I hope those who don't know SG know that this is a little exagerated! Kolby is one well dressed little Mama!

Susan - said...

OK, as you probably know, I am a devoted Gym shopper too. But I have never heard of this "Gymboree Circle of Friends". What gives?

Anonymous said...

Gymboree is the best!! My daughter is 7 years now, so Gymbo is getting to be a thing of the past for her....but my younger girl is 3...uh-oh. I love reading your blog. You truly have a gift for writing and reaching your "audience" whomever it may be! I too am a stay-at-home mom of two precious little gifts. I went to ACU, so I stumbled upon your blog from some other wildcat! I am thinking of opening myself up to a blog. What a great medium for sharing...Thanks for your time!!