Saturday, November 13, 2004

Update

The luncheon was an amazing success. There were a few last minute snags but all went well. The teachers are all so sweet. I can not walk down the hall without one if them stopping to thank me. I feel very good about all that. Agan God was faithful, even in something this trivial!
The best part of the whole day was seeing Deby Evans walk in! Amazing! She is not back to teaching but she is at home. Although she will not be back this year we still consider her a part of Spring Valley, a very special part! She came with a walker and the help of an aide, but she looks so good. This was the first time many of us had seen her since her near death, or should I say return from death experience. Recovery for her has been slow but steady. We prayed for her at the luncheon and thanked God for all the prayers he has already answered concerning Deby. She is a miracle.
My friend Shae and I had been up past midnight for five nights straight working on this luncheon. Needless to say, Thursday night I was in bed by 7:45! It is soo good to have the whole thing behind us! (And yes Holly, I am already thinking about next year!)
Must run! Rob is off reffing basketball and the natives are restless! yes RESTless!:)

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

I must say I'm very impressed. It's not easy to pull something like that off, and I don't know that I'd have done it. What a great way to appreciate the teachers.

Anonymous said...

I have a new physicians' reception next week, an auxiliary Thanksgiving luncheon, a senior citizen's Christmas party on the 3rd and then the employees' Christmas party... are you traveling through Alabama anytime soon?

jettybetty said...

Stephanie,
Sounds as if your luncheon went great--I would say even better than you inagined since you were further witness to Deby's miracle. I am sooooo thankful for people like you that have so much creativity and desire to pull events such as these off. I have creativeness numbers in the negative numbers and couldn't do this if I stayed up all night every night for a month!!! Great job! I truly am thankful for you and the talents God has blessed you with!
Betty