Monday, November 01, 2004

The Vote

I am sick with anticipation over what will happen tomorrow at the polls. I know God is still God and as Christians we are called to a higher Kingdom, but as an American, this is election is a real nail biter.

I think what saddens me most is that no matter who wins,half the country will be upset. What does it say about our country that our last election was 49.6 to 49.4. Today the polls show the same of this election. Could we be more divided?

There are uncharted and dangerous waters ahead for our country. I pray who ever is made "captain" of our "ship" will lean on God to charter these crazy times. I can't imagaine having to make the decisions a President has to make without God.

As for me and my house...well... we will be in Crawford tonight to welcome our guy home from a long and weary campaign trail! We pray that Bush sees another four years in Washington.

God bless you all as you exercise your PRIVILEGE to vote! And God bless these "United" States of America, no matter who wins!

We didn't make it to Crawford last night! TOO late but we are with him in spirit!

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

Peace be with you, Stephanie ... God is in control.

Susan - said...

I agree totally. This election is killing me. I heard one woman I know saying she had been praying for a decisive victory. That may be the wisest thing I have heard yet.

jettybetty said...

It is really hard to see our country split. I trust that God is sovereign over all no matter who wins today. O yes, I have already voted--for Bush. I have enjoyed reading your blog! Keep up the great work! Those kids are precious!

gg said...

wise words...