Thursday, September 15, 2005

Grandparents Week
















It's grandparent week at Kolby's school. Yesterday my Dad got to go brave the cafeteria along with throngs of other 2nd grade grandparents and special seniors. It is so fun to see the faces of the kids when they see their grandparent there waiting for them...Of course I always feel so sorry for those who don't have a special visitor on such days, but such is life.

This year on PTA we have two grandmothers as Room Moms. They are the primary Moms for their little ones. They bring a different perspective to the table to be sure! But both are so young and loving and seem to be having a grand time with it all.

I only knew three of my grandparents and all three had a huge impact on my life. I am so glad my kids have all four grand parents and some great uncles and aunts to boot! We are blessed by that generational love and wisdom.

Today my last living grandparent turns 94. We're having a little party at "the home" for her. She doesn't know much these days but she knows when something is for her and she loves to see all the little kids, even though I'm not sure she realizes that they are her great grandchildren. Kolby and Rhett only know Nana as the little confused lady in the wheelchair who lives in "an apartment." I hope someday when it is easier to remember, I will be able to tell them of my spunky Nana who could play the piano, cook the best desserts, and play a mean game of bridge.

Grandparents Day was last weekend I think. Somehow I always forget that day! But for me and Nana, today will be Grandparents Day. Happy Birthday Nana!

0 comments: