Friday, September 16, 2005

PAWS for the moment...

I hope I am not breaking any copy right laws by plagiarizing the title of a section from my high school newspaper that ran back in 1986, '87 and '88. I was a San Angelo Central Bobcat back in the day. Our newspaper, The Campus Corral, ran a section where the editors ( I was the ad editor) gave "paws up /down" to different school events/happening. For example:

Paws Up To >>>
The Lady Bobcats for making regionals
The Drama department for wining state
The cheerleaders for blah blah
Paws Down To>>>
Drinking and Driving
Smoking in the boys room
Tutorials during lunch

You get the idea. My friend (Hi Anita) and I made fun of this section to the point we incorporated "Paws up" or "Paws down" into our vocabulary. Almost 20 years later, I still bust out with a "Paws up/down" comment from time to time. With it raining outside, the thermometer barely hitting 80, high school football and Mexican food on the agenda for tonight, no errands to run , and no places I have to be today... I just have to say PAWS UP TO FRIDAYS!

Here are a few more in no particular order if you care to paws with me....

Paws down to...
Ads in comments on blogger.
Hurricanes
Cancer
Alheimers
People who drive too fast down our street.
The PETA guy in front of the Baylor Bear Habitat. (Lady & Joy love their new million dollar home, thank you!)
The cost of dental work.
E-mail forwards.
Tummy aches
Protestors in Crawford.
Car bombs
Telemarketers
Taxes

Paws up to....
The thousands of volunteers working to rebuild the lives of the evacuees from New Orleans!
The state of Texas for stepping up to the plate!
President Bush for stopping the buck!
Churches going outside themselves to help people who need it!
Waco getting a
Rosa's Tortilla Factory soon!
Kolby acing four spelling test in a row!
MK and family for being featured in the
Wacoan ...AGAIN! :)
Sari making it safely to South Carolina for her BMW training...she is going to be an auto show rep. like me!
Circle of Friends weekend at Gymboree! Click here for printable coupon
The incredible chocolate Birthday cake from SAMs for Nana that we didn't have to make!
BUSH'S CHICKEN!!!
Baby Kelton!
The good people of Mississippi who got hit harder but gripe and blame a lot less!
The dollar spot at Target!
Football season!
Sweater weather (hoping)!
People who leave comments on my blog !
Rhett being melt-down free for almost eight hours now!
Old friends who make my day when they e-mail/call me!

Feel free to add your own PAWS here. Have a great weekend blog world!

6 comments:

Susan - said...

I agree about the people from Mississippi, paws up to them! Paws up to great friends like you.

Susan - said...

Oh, and congrats on getting a Rosa's, I know you are excited.

elizabeth said...

OK, what is Rosa's Tortilla Factory? Should I be getting excited?

I feel the same way about the people (and government) in MS.

And, I don't know where you live, but where I do, it is still bikini weather, not sweater weather!

SG said...

Yes Elizabeth you should be very excited!!!
And I guess ths sweater thing was just wishful thinking last Friday am when the rain kept it cool in the morning. Saturday was SOOO hot! Whatever happened to Fall?

Mae said...

Paws up to...
finding our dream home.
being parents.
learning to parent together.
leaves beginning to change color.
cooler weather and breaking out the soup recipes.

Paws down to...
loss of sleep.
life revolving around money.
bits and pieces of reality.

Fall is almost in TN ~ you should come and REALLY experience it. :)

Matt Elliott said...

Yes, you could stop and see Mae either before or after attending the Zoe Conference! :-)