Monday, March 20, 2006

Bye Bye Spring Break!

Well it's over! Kolby is back in school and the daily grind has begun again. I would be lying if I didn't admit to being a bit happy about that... I have had both kids home for days on end on and off for weeks now and it's good to get back into the swing. From Tuesday on last week the weather decided not to be very Spring like. The last three days have been gray, cold and drizzly... not exactly ideal Spring Break weather! And of course it is sunny warm and beautiful today! :)

We still had a good Spring Break despite the weather. We didn't do allot, but somehow I managed to get allot done. Both kids closets are officially cleaned out and all the old clothes are stored or donated. We made some progress on Kolby's new room and bought some great items for that. AND ...it's sad that I am so excited about this.... We bought two big rubber closet like storage cabinets for the garage. They are air tight and can be locked. AND THEY WERE ON A HALF PRICE SALE! Plus I had a 20% off coupon! I only had to spend a third of the money I had planned for these cabinets! :) Why does a good deal make me so happy? Now I can get serious about emptying the guest bedroom closet!

I do not like to clean out. I dread it and put it off forever, but when I actually bite the bullet and do it, NOTHING makes me feel better! I love it when my house is clean and everything is in it's place! I guess am a true neat person who has an incredibly high clutter tolerance. That tolerance has been reached and surpassed, so the next few months are going to be full of cleaning and purging our lives of things we do not need and clutter! :) It's safe to say I am nesting!

Changing the subject, I know most of you have had many unbloggable moments in your life. Last Thursday we had a bit of excitement in our neighborhood. Not good excitement. This is one of those things that I can't go into but it is weighing so heavy on my heart that I feel I need to mention it. There are three kids (ages 8 to 8 months) involved . Please just pray for the best possible thing to happen for these little kids. Rest assured my family and I are all ok and at this point I have decided to just avoid the situation. But still I hope and pray somehow God will find a happy ending for these kids. It's heartbreaking and I feel helpless to do anything about it. I am glad we have an all knowing, all loving God to give these situations over to! He is truly our Hope!

Off to start the Monday chauffeur schedule!
Hope your week has started off well!

0 comments: