Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mommy moments...

I am trying to document this pregnancy better since it is the last. At 22 weeks I am really starting to feel like I am pregnant. Rob felt the baby kick Saturday morning and we made the mistake of telling the kids. Kolby and Rhett put their hands on my belly now anytime they think about it trying to feel a kick. It's cute, but slightly annoying when you are trying to get through the grocery store. I have fallen back in love with bubble bathes. I loathe maternity clothes! I guess they are a necessary evil, but it hacks me off to pay so much for such poorly made un-cute clothes!

Speaking of clothes, our house resemsbles a resale store at the moment. I am cleaning out years and years of kids clothing from the closets and attic boxes. Except for a small tub of precious keep sake baby items, I'm giving all of Rhett's clothes away. Kolby's clothes are harder since we may need them again. However I realize what Kolby wears now won't fit the baby for seven or so years at least, so I'm trying decide what is worth keeping that long. I don't like doing this, but it feels good to get it all sorted through and cleaned out!

We are also getting serious about a nursery. The plan is to re-do the guest room for Kolby and then refresh and update her current room for the baby's flower garden themed nursery. Kolby has had the same room since she was two. When we moved I did the exact same thing (including exact paint colors and white picket fence stenciled border) here in this house. It will be easy to turn her room into a nursery. I'm on the look out for cute flower garden type bumper pads and bedding for the baby's room. Pottery Barn Kids has some cute stuff, but I'm not completely sold. Any ideas?

Kolby has wanted a pink room since Kindergarten. I guess she is due a change. I hope to have her in her new room by May so we can have June to get the nursery ready. Rhett wants us to jazz his room up a bit too. I am trying to get a plan for that. His room has always had a baby boy/sports motif, but he wants a 100% total BIG BOY Sports room. No baby blue gingham with rocking horses for him! We may have to work on this after the baby comes.

I love decorating kids rooms! I have so much fun picking out paint, bedding and accessories then pulling it all together. Kolby's bedding is a generic multi-colored fun pattern (with lots of hot and baby pink) from Target. (Swell Pop Picnic if you want to take a look though it's cuter and brighter in person!) It's no longer in our store so I ordered it online this morning. We have some fun plans for her new room. She is so into this process and has been making detailed sketches of how she wants her room to look. I think she has been around me too long! :)

Back to the prego journaling thing. I thought it would be fun to record the things I crave right now. This list has changed a lot since the beginning but here is a list of the constants...

~Mrs Renfro's raspberry chipotle salsa mixed with 1/4 parts applesauce with HEB white corn tortilla chips.
~Fresh blueberry's with fat free vanilla yogurt topped with Kashi granola.
~Frosted Mini-wheats.
~Corn or Rice Checks with a dash of sugar (cereal is King in my house these days ).
~Rosa's fajitas or soft tacos.
~Cheddar's chicken & shrimp oriental salad.
~TCBY raspberry sorbet
~Schlotsky's ( no other brand does it for me) salt & vinegar chips.

Well off for more Spring break fun! We are having a little cold snap today so I think we will go catch a movie. I will change my url sometime this week, just not sure when. Have a great Wednesday!

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

I have become a Rosa's fajitas fanatic! Bryon laughs at me everytime I take a bite of them. My eyes roll back in my head! We catered the ministry meeting at church for 50 on Saturday with Rosa's fajitas. Hmmmm...wonder who thought of that?

courtney said...

I can relate with the whole kids touching your belly thing. I told Landry once that my belly button was a "microphone" and if she talks into it the baby can hear her. This is really sweet....at home! But, a couple of months ago we were waiting on a table at a restaurant and she came and pulled up my shirt to talk to the baby!

By the way, I wish I craved healthy stuff like you do. I happen to crave chocolate milk, onion rings, candy bars....and pretty much anything else with thousands of calories!!

SG said...

Another love we share E!

Courtney~ I ALWAYS crave choclate chip cookies, ice cream, chips and onion rings!(not together, mind you) This pregnancy hasn't changed that, but for some reason I am into cereal and fruity things this time around.

Amy S. Grant said...

Isn't it funny the weird cravings we get when we're pregnant? And for me it was different with each baby.

Speaking of which, I'm so excited the triplets are here! We've all been holding our breath for them for about a week it seems!

Susie said...

Wow. Are you nesting or what? You've got quite the project on your hands now. It does sound mighty fun, though.

That blueberry/yogurt/granola sounds really good! And I keep frosted mini-wheats at work because it's something I can pop in my mouth when I have a second free. The strawberry ones and the brown sugar ones are really good.

: )

Erica said...

I noticed you were looking for some baby bedding and I found a store on ebay just titled Baby Bedding that had some really cute sets. I ended up borrowing mine from a friend so I do not know the quality but they look precious. There were a few with flowers and ladybugs too. Happy hunting:)

Erica said...

You also might want to check out www.rockinghorsebedding.com I bought my first child's bedding from them and it was precious and a lot cheaper than all the boutiques around town.