Thursday, March 02, 2006

Let the sun shine...but not on the cob webs!

(Pouty warning! :) Kolby is still home today because she had fever all night again. I think she is feeling better though, and if we can "home school" her way through four days of missed school lessons today, she may return tomorrow! YEAH!!!!! I haven't had a sick free, kid free, day in four weeks! FOR THE LOVE!

We had to turn the air conditioner on again last night. My word it was 77 degrees in the house! I guess spring has sprung! I am ready for some sunshine. I am hoping the warm weather will chase away all the illnesses that have been plaguing my friends and family over the last month or so...Actually it has been a hard winter illness wise! I won't list all the illnesses here because it would depress me, but I will say we have purchased five prescriptions of Tami-flu alone.... Not to mention the countless amounts of tylenol, motrin, amoxicillian and of course SPRITE we have gone through. Thank you God for drive-through pharmacies! I'M SO READY FOR SPRING!!!

Problem is, with spring comes SPRING CLEANING! And did I mention I am starting that nesting phase? You know I'm sort of ADD and tend to get a bit overwhelmed in the face of huge projects and house altering clean-ups. Well, looking ahead to the next four months, I have a huge project scheduled for each month. Each requires a house altering clean-up of sorts. I would rather move.

I'm trying to make a list of three things and just get those done and not focus on anything else. (One of those learned ADD coping skills.) But, the overwhelmed-ness keeps creeping up on me. Why do I stress about such things? Why does it matter if the house is a total disaster and my kids can't walk in their walk in closets? Does anyone care that my kitchen resembles a war room? Don't grape juice stains add character to carpet? If I keep all the clothes in my closet for another ten years, they might be back in and I might be able to fit in them all....Right? Does it really matter if we can barely park one van in a two and half car garage? Why do I care? I DON'T KNOW! But I do, and it does!

I was hoping for some type intervention from CLEAN SWEEP but, I have six rooms in need of a clean sweep not just two... And I heard they only do the real CLEAN SWEEP in California. I would even take an Extreme Home Makeover about now, but seriously, my life is not sad enough for that! I'm just a whiney, messy, ADD inflicted, procrastinator with dreams of a clean, orderly, well decorated house. So unless some TV crew shows up to save the day, or someone decides to have a Spring Break Campaign visit my house, (which again I totally do not deserve) it's my mess and I have to clean it up!

Here we go...one list, three items, one at a time. WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

LOL, Stephanie. We are in the same boat. Your house sounds similar to mine right now. But someday, we won't have kids in the house to clean up after. So, un-perfect houses aren't so bad. But wishing you the best on your mission anyway.

(And I too have thanked God for drive-thru pharmacies!) ; )

SG said...

Thanks for joining my pitty party Susie! I feel bad for posting this today in light of all the great things going on in our lives right now! I guess we all ave our moments! Back to that list....