Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Grey's Anatomy

Before you think I am some TV crazed nut, let me state that this is the only show I ever watch. We do not watch TV at night in our house unless there is a game on. Sunday nights I watch GA, and if we are home, Extreme Home Makeover. I haven't watched Desperate Housewives in so long that I have no idea what the previews are talking about. I'm not a TV junkie, this is just my show. I don't have much time today but here are my first reactions to the two hour season finally.

Thank you President Bush for not talking about immigration during the two hour finale. I was going to have to be upset with George! Luckily he decided to talk during the re-brodcast of Sunday's show. Not that immigration isn't important, but really there are 24 hours in a day...I'm glad he didn't pick the two hours I wanted to watch TV last night.

The Show~
Izzie has lost it! I'm sorry but you don't stop the heart of someone you love. She caused so many problems with her attempt to save Denny. I don't think anyone would throw their career away for a impulsive dangerous plan like that. Having said that, yes I cried at the end and found myself really sad about Denny. I don't want Izzie to leave the show either. She maybe psycho but I have always liked Izzie! She and Burke would have made a better couple..two nice people.

Christine~ Well I never thought she deserved Burke and now I am sure of it! Can she redeem herself? Not sure! Good to see her be bit more human. I can't decide if I think she is pretty or really not. She has a really good sad face and does anger and sarcasm well.

Burke~ So glad he is alive and I really hope his hand is not damaged for life. He really is one of the good guys. Why do they always hurt the good guys?

George ~ One of the only ones I was not disappointed in last night. He needed to apologize to Mere and not get Callie's hopes up. He did what he should have done. You gotta love George.

Alex ~ What a jerk! But he did have some really redeeming qualities in the end I guess. It made me tear up when he was so sweet to Izzie.

Bailey ~ I love Dr. Bailey. She, George, Burke and the Cheifs wife are my favorite people on the show. She is the best!

The Sheppards. ~Addison needs to go back to McSteamy in New York because, try as he might, her husband does not love her. And I am not sure he really has tried. I however really do like Addison and I hope she and Fin get together if Mc Steamy doesn't work out. I think I like her better than Mereidtih in some ways and think Derick is making a mistake.
~ Derick ~ He has issues. What in the world? He left Mere to make a go of his marriage. He should never have followed her out. Leave her alone if you are going to leave her. Leave your wife if you can't get over Mere. End all these games. I never got the whole "friends sharing a dog" thing. I kept having Can't Buy Me Love Flashbaacks last night and wanted to tell Ronald to go get bacl on his lawnmower and ride away. I even yelled "NO! Don't do it! " when they got together in the exam room. Thought he was pretty spineless to walk out like nothing happened. He needs to make a choice and stick with it.

Mereidith~ It's hard to feel sorry for a girl who sleeps around so much. I think she was trying to do better and be better but, she should have run away when Derick followed her out. Poor Vet...he had plans! I hope she is honest and lets the Vet know she still loves Derick so we don't go through another season of them playing cat and mouse... and occasionaly other things. AND When did she figure out what happened with her Mom and the Cheif? Thought more would be made of that! She sure did turn the tables on the old guy, didn't she! She is a bit looney but I guess considering what she has been through, she has a right to be looney, just not slutty. Show some selfrestraint/self respect Mereidith!

Despite what all I just said, I am still as hooked as ever and can't wait for next season. I know the show is a bit catty and "who sleeps with who-ish" but there are some really good stories too. It is a night soap to be sure, but for some reason it is easy to identify with all of them and is far from predictable for me. Yes, I am a GA addict! So what did you guys think?

6 comments:

Jenni said...

I agree!! I love Grey's Anatomy. I wasn't able to watch Sunday night's episode because of the finale of Survivor, so I made sure that I was home from work yesterday in time to watch it before the 2 hour finale started!!

Yes, Izzie has lost it -- she shouldn't have done all that stuff to Denny. I hated that he died and she felt like she spent too much time deciding on the right dress that he died alone.

Christina -- no, I don't think she's pretty at all. But, I think she has made some progress with becoming more "human" - the scene with her and the Chief showed that.

I love Dr. Bailey too -- what she said to the store manager whose fault it was that the guy came in shooting cracked me up!

I agree--George finally came out and said what has been making him so melodramatic lately. He admitted that he was wrong - but didn't jump out there to say "I love you" when it wasn't time yet.

I was SO mad at Meredith and Derrick. He shouldn't have followed her and she should have locked the door in his face!!! He doesn't have the right to be angry with her moving ahead with her life when he wouldn't make the choice to be with her!

I CAN'T WAIT for next season!!!

elizabeth said...

GA and The Office are the only shows I get excited about watching. I cried last night too and felt like a dork doing it. Bryon tried to talk to me about his court case he is in right now after the show and I told him I was too emotionally exhausted after 2 hours of GA to talk about it!

I thought I would be happy when McDreamy and Mere got together. I have gotten to like Addison more than Meredith though so I was a little disappointed in that.

So sad that Denny is dead....

Mae said...

AMEN!!!!! I loved every second of the show... and agree on what you said.

So sad that Denny is gone ~ he's such a cutie.

Izzie has lost it, but I think she'll be in next season anyway.

I like Vet, come on, he had PLANS!

McDreamy needs to find some other broken vessel ~ maybe his wife???

I missed about half of the first season... I can feel the dvd's coming into my possession very soon.

Seriously, we have to wait until September???

Seriiously ?????

HAH wants to say hi...

" hgf j0vbdsfhjvf gt5y6i "

Susan - said...

Here is what I don't get: I think Fin is soooo much cuter and obviously nicer than McDreamy. I have just never been that big a fan of Patrick Dempsey.

Also, did it bother anyone else that Denny got the heart that should have gone to a man with young children? And then he died!

I hate to say it, but Christina's looks kind of bother me. Her face is too flat. But she is funny in a dry sarcastic way.

I enjoy the show. GA and The Practice are the ones I try to catch each week if I can.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I read somewhere that the actress who plays Izzy is going to have a new show next session but can't remember what the show was, just that it has nothing to do with GA. So I think she really is leaving the show. I like GA but have to admit if I sit and think about it too long I feel guilty for being entertained by things that I find morally reprehensible. The show does do a good job of showing the negative consequences of poor behavior. I was glad to see George tell Callie that he did not want to say "I love you" until he meant it. Of course he should wait to sleep with her until he loves and marries her!

SG said...

SJ~ The Pratice? I used to love that show but I thought it went off the air about two years ago. Did I miss something or are you talking about Boston Legal?

Mae~ Seriously! That and VaJayJay are the GA words that have wormed their way into my vocabulary!

Should I have admitted that?

MAK~ I know what you mean. I even felt funny posting this today. I think that is what was so sweet about Izzie and Denny~love w/out sex first. My kids are not allowed to watch it with me at all. It is a guilty pleasure I guess but I would be a liar if I didn't admit to looking forward to this show every week.